“AVOID AT ALL COST”

Ranked #45 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Hollywood, Florida, United States
“AVOID AT ALL COST”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was the worst inn I have ever been to. When we arrived the rooms were not ready.... Let me add there was 35 of us. When they finally were as you walked in there was a distinct aroma of urine and mold, I’m guessing from the carpet, I wouldn’t dare take off my shoes. The bathroom was dirty there was pubic hair left on the toilet, the lamps did not work, neither did the phone, there were wires hanging out of the wall etc. Another room there was rib bones left in the bathroom, luckily they were animal and not human, but I wouldn’t be surprised.... There was weed smoke, cigar smoke and any other kind of smoke that you can think of in most of the rooms. Just a bad stay all together. I wouldn’t recommend my enemy to stay here.
The staff was ok for the most part tho

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was recently at this inn on 4/28/12 for a visit to the space center. This was only for one night, so I decided, why not. Now, I must say this, the staff was very nice, but the room DISGUSTING!!!!. Our room had no refrigerator or microwave and if we wanted wanted we had to pay more, but no big deal, we just grabbed some ice. Our bathroom toilet was dirty with pee stains when we arrived, but what really got to us was how much mold and mildew was in the shower and on the curtain...unbelievable. After a long day of walking around the space and rocket center, we so badly wanted to come in and take a shower, but the curtain in the shower was infested with mildew...have never seen something like this before ever and I paid $70.00 for the night. Mold grew out of the ceiling and around the shower head and shower curtain... I can go on and on about the mold. The carpet was absolutely filthy... we kept our shoes on the entire time because the carpet felt sticky and smelled really funky. There are other properties in the neighborhood, if Laquinta is not willing to do better than this, they really do not deserve your money!
-Very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank travelguru2NewYork

Travelers are raving about these Huntsville hotels

London, England
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This was my 3rd stay and maybe my last.
The rooms are clean and comfortable BUT the standard of housekeeping has definitely deteriorated since my last stay. I was here for 3 nights and after my first night only the bed was made. Bins and ashtrays weren't emptied and the coffee was not replenished. It was slightly better after my second night but the room definitely was not vacuumed.
It's a shame that this, previously, satisfactory, Motel is being let down badly by the housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quietest (well there's a surprise)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We checked in to this hotel on 2/26/2012 and stayed two night for business. We read the Trip advisor ratings prior to booking hotels regularly as we stay many nights a year on the road and have found this site to be helpful in making our choices.
The property is old and is showing some wear but we found it to be a nice comfortable place for the price (under $45), we could not complain nor should anyone else for this price. The grounds are beautiful and breakfast was good and the variety was adequate. The wi-fi worked well and other than a few little things this place was fine.Pat and the other front dest clerks were helpful and friendly.
I think this property has been poorly rated by other travellers maybe who have not stayed in as many hotels as I have and are being picky. Like the carpet stains and etc., bet they have stains on the carpet at home.Remeber. This is not a 5 star resort.
Being an Elite member with LaQuinta (staying a minimum of 25 nights per year )we know we always get the best from this company and trust them, after all if you dont like it you dont have to pay. What a great guarantee.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank G T
Dubuque
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I get that this is an economy motel, but they could at least try. First nonsmoking room was thick with smoke smell. Second room was smoke free, but nasty stains on carpet. One stain about the size of a salad plate was thick and gooey. Yes, gooey. Internet worked for the first couple of hours, crashed and unavailable the rest of the weekend. Nobody was able to resolve any issues. Re the internet issues, they just gave me the phone number of their service provider. Couldn't even recommend where I could buy a newspaper.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family