“To My Surprise, things had changed!”

Comfort Suites Huntsville
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I had to stay at this hotel a while back for business, and I did not like it at all. I had to return for business on short notice, and this hotel was the only one available; I was not thrilled about it at all. To my surprise, it was under new management. Everything had changed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. I could not believe the difference. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bamabutterfly74

Reviewed February 26, 2009

Though I ususally stay at a competitor hotel, I was very pleased with my stay at this Comfort Suites. I have stayed at other Comfort Suites but was very impressed with the personnel, cleaniness, location to a number of resturants and the overall comfort of my room. This hotel will certainly be one that I use again when traveling to the area.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mpar64
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Hotel has charged me for two pillows at $20 each, which I did not remove from the hotel. They have sent me a letter (not received yet), and currently refuse to refund $40 to my credit card. I am a Gold Member with their loyalty program, and they didn't have the courtesy to call me regarding this situation. Nice looking hotel, but not for an additional $40. Choice Hotels customer relations won't do anything for me, I will start looking for another hotel chain to give my 20+ nights worth of business a year to.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank fwaneil
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Booked this hotel directly through Choice Hotels website, (listed as a new property) directions on the site are incorrect. After calling the hotel when we arrived at a less than desirable area in Huntsville with no hotel in sight, the clerk said, "Yeah, those directions are wrong, everyone tells us that but we don't know how to get it fixed." She had no idea how to direct us to the hotel. Thanks to a gas station employee, we arrived to the hotel. It was 9:00PM and no clerk at the desk and the phone was ringing. After 20 minutes of looking around, finally, a lady appeared. She was very slow at getting us checked in. We made it to our rooms that were very COLD 43 degrees! We were so exhausted from a full day of air travel and certain the clerk would be no help; we turned the showers on hot and heaters on high. The room was finally comfortable at 5:00AM.
The accomodations were so FRIGID that having a big screen TV and comfortable bed was irrevelant.
Upon checkout, the automatic doors were opening and closing continually; we made a comment to the clerk. She said, "The doors have a mind of their own. I get so tierd of people telling me about the doors. I stand here and watch them all day, they should know I can see what is going on."
WOW!!! It is a challenge to find an all around good hotel in Huntsville.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2008

When I say my stay was above average, I'm referring in relation as to what to expect in Huntsville. I have made several business trips to the Huntsville area over the past year, and stayed in numerous hotels. Cleanliness is not held in high esteem in that area. This hotel has so far been the cleanest of all I have stayed in around the area; including more expensive hotels. I travel with a young one, and the indoor pool is of utmost importance during my stay. However, I have always encountered some issue with the pool during every stay. Management has always been quick to resolve any issues encountered. Staff is friendly, but very unprofessional. Rooms are not perfect, but acceptable. Service improves with every visit. Not sure if it is because I am a returning guest, or they just realize the importance of service. I will be returning again the end of this month, and I will be staying at this hotel once again. Don't get your hopes up for a good breakfast. It leaves alot to be desired. If you are looking to stay in Huntsville I would keep this hotel as a consideration, but definitely check around; as new hotels are opening frequently.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2008

The desk clerk DOUBLE CHARGED me for my stay and when I discovered the error a week later, I contacted the MANAGER. He told me it would be corrected. IT NEVER WAS. He requested copies of my receipt and my credit card statement which I sent by registered mail. He refused to sign for them. Finally my credit card company withdrew the funds. Additionally, Choice Hotels nor the Better Business Bureau of Huntsville assisted in resolution.

I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN WITH THE PRESENT MANAGEMENT.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank kuz123
Reviewed January 10, 2008

The hotel is new and has nice amenities. The construction of the hotel is subpar evidenced by the thin walls. The service is below standards for this type of property. When I checked in (after 9:00 pm) and went to my room it had not been cleaned from the previous guest. I was given another room with a mumbled "sorry about that". The next night when I returned to my room (after 10 pm) it had not been cleaned. There are other hotels in the vicinity in the same price range that offer better service including a Best Western, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business