“Returning guest” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
ohio
“Returning guest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2008

When I say my stay was above average, I'm referring in relation as to what to expect in Huntsville. I have made several business trips to the Huntsville area over the past year, and stayed in numerous hotels. Cleanliness is not held in high esteem in that area. This hotel has so far been the cleanest of all I have stayed in around the area; including more expensive hotels. I travel with a young one, and the indoor pool is of utmost importance during my stay. However, I have always encountered some issue with the pool during every stay. Management has always been quick to resolve any issues encountered. Staff is friendly, but very unprofessional. Rooms are not perfect, but acceptable. Service improves with every visit. Not sure if it is because I am a returning guest, or they just realize the importance of service. I will be returning again the end of this month, and I will be staying at this hotel once again. Don't get your hopes up for a good breakfast. It leaves alot to be desired. If you are looking to stay in Huntsville I would keep this hotel as a consideration, but definitely check around; as new hotels are opening frequently.

• Liked — nice tv, ok pool (warm , which was great), central location to business activities
  • Disliked — unprofessional staff. Front desk clerk parked in front of doors, and had boyfriend/friends loitering around lobby.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
kc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2008

The desk clerk DOUBLE CHARGED me for my stay and when I discovered the error a week later, I contacted the MANAGER. He told me it would be corrected. IT NEVER WAS. He requested copies of my receipt and my credit card statement which I sent by registered mail. He refused to sign for them. Finally my credit card company withdrew the funds. Additionally, Choice Hotels nor the Better Business Bureau of Huntsville assisted in resolution.

I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN WITH THE PRESENT MANAGEMENT.

• Liked — na
  • Disliked — Poor Service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank kuz123
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2008

The hotel is new and has nice amenities. The construction of the hotel is subpar evidenced by the thin walls. The service is below standards for this type of property. When I checked in (after 9:00 pm) and went to my room it had not been cleaned from the previous guest. I was given another room with a mumbled "sorry about that". The next night when I returned to my room (after 10 pm) it had not been cleaned. There are other hotels in the vicinity in the same price range that offer better service including a Best Western, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn.

• Liked — Nice flat screen tv
  • Disliked — Didn't clean the room.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Azzie08
Baton Rouge, LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2007

I've stayed twice at this hotel and each time I had some sort of problem. The first time I paid in cash and my credit card was still charged. The second trip I was over charged $115 because the desk cleark said I had taken some towels. Dirty ones was left in the bathroom and unsed towels were left on fridge. After speaking with the manager basically it was my word against the clerks and right now my credit card company is disputing the charges.

The place is very nice esp the rooms. I would stay again at Comfort Suites but not that one..Never again

• Liked — Style of room
  • Disliked — Clerk over charging me for room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

Comfort Suites in Huntsville, AL is an impressive hotel. The beds are
plush and very comfortable. The pillows are soft; the rooms are modernized, clean and nice. There are plasma televisions in the rooms
(nice size ones, too). The bathrooms are beautifully decorated with marble countertops, and spacious. The staff is friendly and breakfast
is appetizing. I highly recommend this hotel.

I’ve stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions. During the last stay, I had to pay extra because the per diem rate did not cover the hotel fee. It was worth it. This is one hotel I would not mind staying at again and again.

• Liked — The hotel was conveniently located near restaurants and shopping plazas. It is located on the main road of the area.
  • Disliked — The hotel is kind of tucked away behind a restaurant, which doesn't give it great visibility. Unless you know it's there, you can easily miss the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business