“Overall very nice dinner with a few glitches”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Huntsville
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Huntsville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Huntsville, Alabama is situated in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel, conveniently located next to the Von Braun Center. Deep, rich reds with accents of teal and copper predominate the steakhouse dining room, while the dense foliage of the open-atrium hotel envelops our restaurant in an air of casual elegance. Private dining rooms offer a variety of event options for 10 to 300 guests. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two, an important business luncheon, a social event or an all-day meeting, Ruth's Chris of Hunstville can accommodate your needs.
alabama
“Overall very nice dinner with a few glitches”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Went here for our anniversary, alone, just the two of us. Even though the place was basically empty, and we had reservations, the hostess tried to seat us a table right next to another couple, even though I requested something more private. She looked completely bewildered when I asked again for a table with slightly more separation. First impressions are important, and this wasn't a great one.
Our waiter was really excellent at describing the menu and explaining the choices. Nice job, Brian.
The food was very good, although both filets were a bit overlooked. They were not far enough off the mark to send back, but many would have. The special appetizer was fried oysters, and they were, by far, the best I have ever had, and were the highlight of the meal. We had sides of marinated mushrooms, asparagus with hollandais, and the chopped salad. The salad was excellent, the other sides just ok.
Deserts were good but the bread pudding with whiskey sauce was dense and heavy, although the sauce was very good.
Although we waited 30 minutes for dessert (system malfunctions we were told), Brian was extremely apologetic and made it right without any prompting. Very much appreciated, and once again showed the expected amount of personality and professionalism one hopes for when choosing the special event restaurant.
Overall, a very good meal, not perfect, but very much enjoyed. Pricey, we'll yeah, but that was expected. Some training of the hostess station attendants would be my one recommendation.
I would score is a solid 8 of 10.

Visited December 2013

Huntsville, Alabama
“Wow! What Steaks!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have been many times & it is so good to see the plates coming to the table. Yesterday was as great as ever. The porterhouse for two is a favorite of my son & I. From the salads to the sides to the really great deserts this is the place for a special occasion. If I could afford it we would return Tomorrow. Bert our waiter is always a pleasure to see.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Lynn30620
“McDonald's for Adults.”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

No surprises, everything cooked correctly, nice sizes, well-presented. Efficient, attentive staff, Mgmt checks in exactly right on time. This is just the way it is, not too much, not too little. Just checking off the boxes, and knocking it out. No warm fuzzy, but everything was correct and perfect. No complaints, but that might have made it better, somehow.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank nobodyhomenow
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“It Was Okay...”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was staying at the Embassy Suites and this was the only place on the property to eat. I had what equated to a hamburger but they gave a fancy name. I thing kit was called “chopped steak” and it cost $10 and was the cheapest thing on the menu. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had been traveling all day, was hungry and had a couple of adult beverages at the mangers reception I would have passed and went to McDonalds if I wanted a hamburger. Ruth’s Chris is nice if you are celebrating a special occasion but not good for the sole source of food when you are staying at a hotel for several days.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Jonzey J
Madison, Georgia
“Second time was a charm”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was a frequent RC visitor until two Easters ago when I had a HORRIBLE meal: poor service, over cooked steak, no manager apology, just terrible all around. This Thanksgiving my family of carnivores forced us to return as this was the only decent steak place open. I was skeptical but from the moment we checked in everything was First Class. No waiting, super service and the steaks (cowboy rib eyes and filets) were great. My favorite was the Jack Daniels bread pudding, so rich and tasty. I left satisfied and full w/out even a minor complaint. Good job, we'll be back!

• Visited November 2013