“Perfect Long Term Stay!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Village of Providence
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Perfect Long Term Stay!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I just recently ended a 4 week stay at Homewood Suites in Village of Providence, Huntsville AL. I can honestly say, everything was terrific. 4 weeks is a long time in a hotel, but the suites were very comfortable, and I felt at home immediately. The location is great. It is located in a newer development area with many restaurants. Also, its proximity to University Dr/ US 72 makes it central to many other restaurants, shopping, grocery stores, and to common work areas such as Research Park and Redstone Arsenal . Quick access to I565 and AL-255 make travel to anywhere in Huntsville and Madison easy and quick.

The best part of the stay was the staff, hands down. From the breaskfast/ dinner staff, to the front desk, to cleaning and maintenance staff; I can honestly say, every interaction was 1st class. Every staff member asked how my day was, how I was doing, etc. I think the service sets this property apart from others. Staff frequently struck up friendly conversation, and they were genuinely interested in making sure my stay was going well, and making sure all guests were well attended to.

The hotel was always spotless and had no issues with cleaning or maintenance. Food wise; they had a great breakfast every day. In addition, dinner was served Mon-Thurs evenings which was generally very good, and really made it feel more like home (not having to eat out every evening). Dinners typically consisted of a theme, which included 1 main dish, 1-2 sides, a salad bar, and beer/ wine.

Overall, my stay was everything i could have asked for / expected and more. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying 1 night to 1 month.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Huntsville for a get away within the city and we were instantly free of stress. We were greeted every time we passed an employee and our room was fantastic. We had little to worry about and even less to complain about. Our stay was perfect and I recommend it to anyone traveling to Huntsville.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Augusta, GA
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We enjoyed the property and the location. It was so pleasant to walk to a good restaurant for dinner. The room was comfortable and well-equipped though not two separate rooms as in most Homewood Suites. We would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tricia G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Village of Providence, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are glad that you found your studio suite to be comfortable. I did want to mention that we do offer the king one bedroom suites at this location should you return.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was at the Homewood Suites for four nights in September for business and really enjoyed my stay. This is my second time at a Homewood and I love the brand. You receive a free hot breakfast every day and the food here was great. I particularly enjoyed the different types of eggs and waffle iron. Brenda was there most mornings to greet everyone and actually took the time to say hi and learn about me. You can’t beat the evening receptions, with dinner and drinks. They even had a complimentary chair massage one night! Ashley, the Director of Sales also entertained everyone at dinner with Oktoberfest trivia. To sum it up, the rooms are huge with comfy king beds, everything is clean, the customer service is wonderful and the food is great. I will be traveling to Huntsville for about one week a quarter and will definitely stay here each time.

Mississauga, ON
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was at this hotel last week with my husband for a conference in Huntsville, AL. We had never been to Alabama and were very impressed with what I saw of it, and very impressed with the Homewood Suites. The hotel looks like it's pretty new, the room was lovely and modern (I'd call it "comfortable modern"), complete with a kitchen, the bed was very cozy, there were two flat screen tv's, and the breakfast area was probably the nicest one I've seen (and I've been a LOT of hotels for business) - complete with granite counter tops, and a lovely dining area, and the food was very good and they had a nice selection. The staff was very courteous, and were very accommodating to any requests I made. The price was excellent too at $128+tax/night (you'd pay at least $180+ for a comparable hotel here in Canada).

FYI, the Village of Providence is a beautiful newly built community in Huntsville with a colonial theme, with hotels, restaurants and several lovely colonial townhomes and detached homes. And if you get onto University Drive, you can find almost any chain restaurant you can think of! Very very nice.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I booked this hotel after reading the positive reviews, and I was looking forward to the stay. However, the room was very disappointing. I stayed here in September for 2 days on a business trip. My first scare was when I unrolled the kitchen towels, and out popped two silverfish bugs - still alive! Absolutely disgusting. I also don't think they clean the tubs between each guest. There were some hairs on the bathtub ledge. The tub looked clean other than the hairs - which makes me think that housekeeping doesn't clean the tub at all. If it looks clean - they don't do a thorough scrubbing - hence why there were hairs! Between the bugs and hairs - I will not be returning. This is a shame, because I really do like the hotel staff here - especially the weekend evening clerk - he was very professional, friendly, and helpful.

1 Thank reviewer0101
Tricia G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Village of Providence, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and we are disheartened to hear of your disappointing stay. Our housekeeping team works hard to provide a clean and comfortable environment for all of our guests. Please know that we work closely with a professional pest control company and have brought this sighting to their attention so they may rectify any pest situation. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with the quality experience you deserve should you return to our area.
NY
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Village of Providence is a "bubble" community like The Woodlands north of Houston or Celebration, Florida (or Stepford, CT). Hotels, condos, a few stores, and very specifically chosen restaurants make it, if you want it to be, a self-contained village - which can either be very convenient, or like something out of a Twilight Zone episode.
Village notwithstanding, the hotel itself is very good. Clean, quiet, very pleasant staff, and generous rooms and amenities. I will unquestionably go back next time I have any call to be in the area. No question if I have to be in Huntsville or the Space Center, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family