All reviews mellow mushroom within walking distance home away from home great hotel nice area morning breakfast evening reception business trip hotel is located free breakfast short drive enjoyed my stay would stay here again business center staff was very friendly excellent stay fitness center
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here one night, with plans to do some dining in Providence. The lobby is large and inviting and the desk clerk welcoming. We stayed on the fourth floor with a view over the woods. The room was clean and large with a full kitchen. The bed slept great and the AC was cool, what more do you need. I would happily stay here again and plan to if we evening in Providence again. The hotel is designed for a more long term stay and would be great with kids.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good place to stay, clean room, very nice local area and the breakfast was better than most. Only small problem we found was there is only one elevator and it is terribly slow. Other than that, highly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

By my own fault I booked a room that was too small for our family of five, it only had one bed and a pullout couch. Before we even checked into the room the check-in staff looked at my family and said the room would not be big enough for us. I asked if we could just get a rollaway bed we would be fine. They said they didn't have a rollaway but would find something better. After checking on the computer for a few minutes they asked if we would consider a smoking room. I said normally no, but we would be willing to take a look at it. So, he took us up to a room on the fourth floor. When we walked through the door into the room all of our mouths dropped open in disbelief at how nice and huge the room was. It turned out he had taken us to one of their two bedroom suites. The first room had a full kitchen, dining area, couch and recliner. Off to the left was a second room with two queen beds and a large bathroom. Then off to the right was another huge master bedroom with a king bed and bathroom. All three rooms were finished beautifully and had their own large flat panel TV and DVD player. Each room was larger than a standard hotel room by itself; put them together and you basically have a 2 bedroom condo. To top it off, even though it was a smoking room we didn't smell any traces of smoke. I told the desk clerk that we would love the room, but wondered how much extra it would cost. He responded back by saying, "Not a thing...We'll just give you an upgrade."

Later we went to the lobby for the manager's reception thinking this would be the typical fair of chips, popcorn, beer, and maybe a cookie. They actually had a full meal! The menu that evening consisted of a salad bar, grilled chicken, green beans, potatos, and fresh rolls. All were excellent. Drinks included wine, beer, soda, and tea.

Breakfast the next morning was equally impressive. The menu included eggs, ham, bacon, hash browns, blueberry cobbler, grits, yogurt, fruit, and the usual assortment of breads, cereals, and pastries. Again all were excellent, especially the cobbler!

We didn't explore the area around the hotel so I can't comment on the location. However, it was convenient enough and we experienced an excellent night before going to visit the US space center the next day.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank NormanZ_12
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Reading some of the other reviews about this hotel will give you a good idea of what kind of stay you can expect. All Homewood Suites that I have stayed in have full kitchens with fridge, 2 burner stove, sink, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes and kitchen gadgets. There are also a large micro-wave, a coffee maker and a toaster. This particular hotel seems to be pretty new, and all rooms are in 1 four story building. It is part of a quaint little area with hotels, shops, restaurants and even some private homes in a nice neighborhood that is close to a major thoroughfare and not far from some major shopping centers. The Manager's Reception is from 5 - 7 PM Mon - Thurs and features a light meal with beverages to include wine and beer. The free breakfast had an adequate selection and was always well stocked.

The room I stayed in had a separate bedroom and living room with a nice flat screen TV in each. The sink and vanity area was separated from the shower/toilet area so foggy mirrors were not a problem.

The bed was comfortable and the bedding was soft and did not smell like bleach like some hotels have. The desk had ample electrical outlets available as well as a computer cable and a Cat - 5 outlet accessable from the desk top. The inter-net connection was fast and easy to connect to. The room was pleasant with ample lighting and the air conditioners were quieter than I expected. The entire hotel was clean and quiet.

Parking areas were well lit but empty parking spaces close to the hotel were hard to find during evening hours. This was exacerbated by the rain showers but all in all this was a great stay. As with most Homewood Suites Hotels, this hotel had a top-notch staff that were friendly, helpful and guest oriented. All staff members I encountered were quick to offer assistance and seemed genuinely interested in seeing that everyone was made to feel welcome and comfortable.
One small inconvenience was the elevator is a little slow but that did not hamper my enjoyment of this stay. If I'm ever back in this area, I hope I get to stay here again! My thanks to Chris and Allison at the front desk and Lashondn'a and Brenda in the kitchen for making my stay pleasant and enjoyable!

Room tip: Always read TripAdvisor reviews before you go. Top floor in even number room is probably quietest.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Rooms nicely finished and very comfortable, updated hotel, several nice restaurants in walking distance. Parking is a little awkward and get very crowded, but is not a drawback. Worth your time and money.

• Trip type: Traveled on business