Homewood Suites by Hilton Huntsville-Village of Providence
Clarion Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$75
$88
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$81
QualityInn
$117
$108
$184
$164
  • Pool
$109
Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$83
$589
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsmellow mushroomhome away from homewithin walking distancegreat hotelfull kitchenan extended staymorning breakfastgreat areastaying at this hotelbusiness tripfree breakfastenjoyed my stayshort drivethe staff was greatclean hotelexcellent stayspace center
Reviewed March 27, 2012

By my own fault I booked a room that was too small for our family of five, it only had one bed and a pullout couch. Before we even checked into the room the check-in staff looked at my family and said the room would not be big enough for us. I asked if we could just get a rollaway bed we would be fine. They said they didn't have a rollaway but would find something better. After checking on the computer for a few minutes they asked if we would consider a smoking room. I said normally no, but we would be willing to take a look at it. So, he took us up to a room on the fourth floor. When we walked through the door into the room all of our mouths dropped open in disbelief at how nice and huge the room was. It turned out he had taken us to one of their two bedroom suites. The first room had a full kitchen, dining area, couch and recliner. Off to the left was a second room with two queen beds and a large bathroom. Then off to the right was another huge master bedroom with a king bed and bathroom. All three rooms were finished beautifully and had their own large flat panel TV and DVD player. Each room was larger than a standard hotel room by itself; put them together and you basically have a 2 bedroom condo. To top it off, even though it was a smoking room we didn't smell any traces of smoke. I told the desk clerk that we would love the room, but wondered how much extra it would cost. He responded back by saying, "Not a thing...We'll just give you an upgrade."

Later we went to the lobby for the manager's reception thinking this would be the typical fair of chips, popcorn, beer, and maybe a cookie. They actually had a full meal! The menu that evening consisted of a salad bar, grilled chicken, green beans, potatos, and fresh rolls. All were excellent. Drinks included wine, beer, soda, and tea.

Breakfast the next morning was equally impressive. The menu included eggs, ham, bacon, hash browns, blueberry cobbler, grits, yogurt, fruit, and the usual assortment of breads, cereals, and pastries. Again all were excellent, especially the cobbler!

We didn't explore the area around the hotel so I can't comment on the location. However, it was convenient enough and we experienced an excellent night before going to visit the US space center the next day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Norman Z
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Reading some of the other reviews about this hotel will give you a good idea of what kind of stay you can expect. All Homewood Suites that I have stayed in have full kitchens with fridge, 2 burner stove, sink, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes and kitchen gadgets. There are also a large micro-wave, a coffee maker and a toaster. This particular hotel seems to be pretty new, and all rooms are in 1 four story building. It is part of a quaint little area with hotels, shops, restaurants and even some private homes in a nice neighborhood that is close to a major thoroughfare and not far from some major shopping centers. The Manager's Reception is from 5 - 7 PM Mon - Thurs and features a light meal with beverages to include wine and beer. The free breakfast had an adequate selection and was always well stocked.

The room I stayed in had a separate bedroom and living room with a nice flat screen TV in each. The sink and vanity area was separated from the shower/toilet area so foggy mirrors were not a problem.

The bed was comfortable and the bedding was soft and did not smell like bleach like some hotels have. The desk had ample electrical outlets available as well as a computer cable and a Cat - 5 outlet accessable from the desk top. The inter-net connection was fast and easy to connect to. The room was pleasant with ample lighting and the air conditioners were quieter than I expected. The entire hotel was clean and quiet.

Parking areas were well lit but empty parking spaces close to the hotel were hard to find during evening hours. This was exacerbated by the rain showers but all in all this was a great stay. As with most Homewood Suites Hotels, this hotel had a top-notch staff that were friendly, helpful and guest oriented. All staff members I encountered were quick to offer assistance and seemed genuinely interested in seeing that everyone was made to feel welcome and comfortable.
One small inconvenience was the elevator is a little slow but that did not hamper my enjoyment of this stay. If I'm ever back in this area, I hope I get to stay here again! My thanks to Chris and Allison at the front desk and Lashondn'a and Brenda in the kitchen for making my stay pleasant and enjoyable!

Room Tip: Always read TripAdvisor reviews before you go. Top floor in even number room is probably quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Rooms nicely finished and very comfortable, updated hotel, several nice restaurants in walking distance. Parking is a little awkward and get very crowded, but is not a drawback. Worth your time and money.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dewmaniii
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The overall quality of the hotel, and especially the staff, was excellent! Rooms are clean and spacious; excellent breakfast choices. The staff was very friendly, professional, and courteous. Convenient parking and proximity to restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a solid month so got to know the place quite well. First the rooms - very clean and spacious. The kitchens are well equipped with a full dishwasher, microwave, full- size fridge and stove-top burners; the only other thing you could ask for is an oven, but frankly you don't need it. I had a 1 bedroom suite and strongly recommend spending the extra few dollars for the extra room - it is more than double the size of the studio rooms. The living area has a tv plus DVD and the couch is a pullout so you can easily sleep a small family in the 1 bedroom units. bedroom has a separate tv and separate ac unit in addition to the unit in the living room. The ac/heat was fast, efficient and reasonably quiet. I had A problem with the ac unit in the living room and the staff came up to fix it within 5 mins of my reporting the problem - pretty outstanding service! They also have a bunch of free DVDs you can rent while there.
The hotel has good, very fast free wifi - I had no problem with it the entire month and was very pleased with the speed.
The only thing i didn't like in the room was the low flow toilet-but you get used to it.
The breakfasts were pretty good - the variety was not great for someone staying for so long, but they had waffles on Sunday and different variations on eggs throughout e week along with some other choices. The dinners had more variations and were also good - if you are trying to stay under budget and can eat in 2 of 3 meals each day it is particularly worthwhile.
The neighborhood is very safe and quite pleasant - there are several good restaurants within a few mins walk - i highly recommend the mellow mushroom - some of the best pizza i have ever had!
The staff were helpful and friendly.
The exercise room is small but ok - i used the treadmill each day and almost never saw anyone else in the room. They have 2 treadmills and one elliptical, all quite new.
The laundry room is ok and also not heavily used.
All in all I will definitely stay at the suites whenever i am in Huntsville - an excellent experience!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top Floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business