“Everything went as well as expected...”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
“Everything went as well as expected...”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I chose Embassy Suites-Huntsville because (1) it was reviewed so highly and (2) because it had an indoor pool. After reading the other reviews, I expected a conveniently located, clean, & comfortable stay. Embassy Suites fulfilled all of my expectations. The hotel is very centrally located; any restaurant or sight-seeing locale that I GPS'd was within 5-10 minutes. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I don't believe there was even one occasion that I walked into the hotel without someone from the staff offering a friendly greeting. The rooms were clean and roomy. Most important of all, the kids loved the hotel choice. One last thing, hallways can get noisy given that this hotel tends to attract families with young kids.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Ajay368

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We were passing through Huntsville during the holidays and stayed one night at this Embassy Suites. This was one hotel out of six we stayed at during a long driving trip, and it was the best one by far.
Our stay -- though short -- was fantastic from start to finish. The check in was friendly and fast. The room was large with a separate sitting area. The bathroom was sparkling clean, as was the little kitchenish-bar-fridge area located between the bedroom and the sitting room. The kids loved the pool, and the grownups enjoyed the workout room.
The best part about this hotel was the hot, made-to-order breakfast. Best breakfast I've had at a hotel, plus the kitchen staff were wonderfully friendly -- coming out to the table and chatting with us and our kids. Although this is a big, modern hotel, I felt almost as though we were staying at a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank freqflyer67
Zebulon, North Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Only stayed one night for a early flight the next morning. Very nice hotel. Enjoyed a great dinner at Ruths Chris steakhouse located in the hotel. Nice large rooms are always accommodating. Great nights sleep..would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank obx98
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I were in Huntsville for an event at the Von Braun. To start, checkin was great. The staff was very friendly and made us aware of all the amenities offered. The room was very comfortable. I really liked the suite. While we did not have our children with us, a separate bedroom allows everyone their privacy. The bed was very comfortable. Also loved the walkover to the VBCC. Very convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples and those traveling with children.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ernurse76
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My children (5yo & 2yo) and I stayed here for a military spouse retreat, while my husband was deployed. This was a fabulous venue for our retreat. The suites were great, very clean and comfortable. There is a small kitchenette which was great for keeping juice, milk, etc for the kids. The bathroom was nice, though the tub looked like it was a bit older and should be replaced. Other than that, we were thrilled with our suite. The staff were friendly and very helpful! Would definately stay again for a family vacation if we travel to Huntsville!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank 2callmemommy
Alabama
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I booked this hotel for its convenience to the Von Braun Civic center. If this is what you are looking for then it cannot be beat. They have a walkway right to the center, very nice...

For the cost of the hotel I had expected at least Marriott quality. The walls are paper thin and you hear the rooms next door very clearly, you can also hear everything going on in the atrium. When housekeeping started banging on doors at 8:30 ( and I do mean banging ) you could hear them 3 doors down. The bed and bedding are very low quality, the bed was not comfortable and the sheets did not fit the bed. The restaurant was a Ruth Chris Steakhouse, having ate at Ruth Chris several times I was really looking forward to a good steak. The only thing remotely similar about this Ruth Chris was the prices, the steaks were not good. I could have gone to Outback and got a better steak and had 80 extra bucks to take home.

Not all things were bad, this hotel had several pros. The hotel and room were very clean. The staff was very courtesy and helpful. The free breakfast was great although it was crowded and you had to fend for yourself. Each room has new LCD's. The bar is nice with plenty of TV's .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Datadude76
Alabama
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I was traveling with some friends and their daughters. The Embassy Suites was terrific. Rooms were large and spotless. We had plenty of room for all our luggage without feeling cramped. Check in was great. Fast, easy and the staff was very friendly. The entire staff that we encountered seemed to go out of their way to make us feel welcome and aware of all amenities the hotel offered.

The underground parking was nice since there was a frost and it was quite cold the morning we left. The breakfast was sufficient and I loved the coffee.

I would most definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends