“An avg hotel that could be better”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Alabama
“An avg hotel that could be better”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I booked this hotel for its convenience to the Von Braun Civic center. If this is what you are looking for then it cannot be beat. They have a walkway right to the center, very nice...

For the cost of the hotel I had expected at least Marriott quality. The walls are paper thin and you hear the rooms next door very clearly, you can also hear everything going on in the atrium. When housekeeping started banging on doors at 8:30 ( and I do mean banging ) you could hear them 3 doors down. The bed and bedding are very low quality, the bed was not comfortable and the sheets did not fit the bed. The restaurant was a Ruth Chris Steakhouse, having ate at Ruth Chris several times I was really looking forward to a good steak. The only thing remotely similar about this Ruth Chris was the prices, the steaks were not good. I could have gone to Outback and got a better steak and had 80 extra bucks to take home.

Not all things were bad, this hotel had several pros. The hotel and room were very clean. The staff was very courtesy and helpful. The free breakfast was great although it was crowded and you had to fend for yourself. Each room has new LCD's. The bar is nice with plenty of TV's .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Datadude76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alabama
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I was traveling with some friends and their daughters. The Embassy Suites was terrific. Rooms were large and spotless. We had plenty of room for all our luggage without feeling cramped. Check in was great. Fast, easy and the staff was very friendly. The entire staff that we encountered seemed to go out of their way to make us feel welcome and aware of all amenities the hotel offered.

The underground parking was nice since there was a frost and it was quite cold the morning we left. The breakfast was sufficient and I loved the coffee.

I would most definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank VeeBee66
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed here for trade event - hotel connected to Convention Center. (Calibration: I'm 7of10 on "picky" scale). A 4of5 rating for this hotel review means met my expectations of the EmbsySts brand & I'm happy - I'd be back again. The staff deserves a 5, but some other details pulled-down from perfect: breakfast was sketchy in terms of options, layout, & supply. Some details of my room (#909) required maintenance. Wish lounge restaurant (a Ruth's Chris) had more appetizer options. The shuttle drivers (esp Craig) & my housekeeper (Theresa)were IDEAL: accommodating, friendly, cheerful, etc. Interesting touch: was taking quick snack/drink in lounge when ambitious, on-site, show-shine man cruised through soliciting a "shine while you eat" deal - cool. I gave up shoes during meal & ~10 mins later shined shoes came back to my table, nice! ($7+tip) Spa is on 2nd floor but I never went in. Excellent reception staff. Received 3 packages: 1 while present & got a call to room while the UPS man was still on-site. I REALLY want to give 5 - but can't quite.... Gotta save 5s for the truly amazing places.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mechcr8r
Louisville, KY
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed at this hotel recently with a group of high school students and chaperones. While our check-in was a little chaotic because of the size of our group, the employees were wonderful and very efficient. The hotel is beautiful for a hotel in this class; a large atrium with lots of brass and glass. We had no problems sleeping, as the bedrooms are at the back of each adjoining living area, away from the hallways. Very comfortable beds and pillows and a flat screen t.v. in both the bedroom and living area. The hotel looks brand new.

The living area, bedroom and bathroom were spotless. Staff was very helpful in suggesting a late night spot to eat, and very accomodating with our large group. As in other reviews, the breakfast was much better than the typical continental fare; even the food on the buffet was hot and there was a large selection. You could also get custom omelettes and pancakes. Refrigerator and bar area in the rooms as well. I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 4kytravelers
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Had a wonderful stay. Family vacation. Very good service. Everyone was very friendly. The only problem was the pool was broken. I know those things happen, but it was hard to explain to my 2 young children. The breakfast was wonderful. Will definantly stay again.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank mweg710
North Alabama
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband and I have three children so any alone time is rarely shared. We had the opportunity to "get away" close to home for a night and we chose this Embassy. We were very pleased with this hotel as we always are with this chain. Exceptional cleanliness, quietness and comfort. Rooms are somewhat pricey but as with most things you get what you pay for and here you don't have to worry about the basic expectations you would have for any hotel, it's all here for you to enjoy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nursegrl
Independence,MS
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights over Labor Day weekend with 4 kids ages 3, 9, 11, & 17. The room was very spacious & clean. We had all of the room that we needed & were never elbow to elbow like you would think. They serve drinks every evening,I believe from 5-730,everything from alcoholic drinks to Coke or juice for the kids & tortilla chips & ruflles with a few different kinds of dip.
This hotel is very well laid out & unlike some of the other people that posted here,we didnt pay anything for parking.We did pay for the internet while we were booking the room so it would be included & not an extra fee when we checked out.
The pool and hottub area was large & clean,& very well chlorinated.
I wasnt crazy about the area where the hotel was located & this was the only flaw that I could find with the Embassy Suites,we were there to visit the Space Center & it was west of the hotel,the Embassy Suites is in the downtown area which is a very nice area from what I saw of it.
All in all this hotel is a great value if youre looking for a spacious room in a very nicely laid out setting.It even has a Ruths Chris steakhouse,we didnt eat there though,the kids wanted McDonlads....who would have seen that one coming?
Visit the Embassy Suites & enjoy,we did!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family