“Enjoyed our stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

The king suite was nicely done with a good view of downtown and the mountains in the distance. The bathroom was located off the sitting area. This is better than other similar hotels where you have to go into the bedroom to get to the bathroom.( Helpful if traveling with others) The staff was very friendly-the bellman even rode me around trying to find an out of town newspaper. The breakfast cook was most cheerful. A mild negative was that the entrance from the parking garage was cramped and smelled of smoke. We also ate at the Ruth Chris restaurant in the lobby- good , with huge portions, so dieters beware.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I don't know if it was really embassy suites but it was awesome and there were ducks swimming and walking in the lobby and I think one tried to follow us out the doors and into the parking lot. The rooms were huge with nice, red beds that were also huge. My stay was awesome!!!!!!!!

Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites a few times and am already booked in April to stay again. This hotel had a very friendly and helpful staff. The looby area was beautifully decorated for Christmas with lighted garland and numerous trees. We stayed on the 4th floor and the suites are very spacious. We were in town to attend The Nutcracker Ballet at the VBCC. We chose to stay here since the two are attached. That turned out to be great since our weather was cold and rainey. There is a very nice steak restaurant in the lobby and they also have a Starbuck's. I can't say enough about how great the free breakfast is in the mornings. The have everything you can imagine, even made to order omlettes. The only negative thing I have to say about this stay was that there is no valet parking for the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed October 9, 2009

This was a nice hotel, great breakfast included, and a friendly staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I stayed here recently while attending a conference at the adjoining Von Braun Centre. The hotel was one of 2 recommended by the conference organizers, and as such we had a reduced rate for our stay. Had it not been for that I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it. When I arrived at Huntsville airport I called the hotel's shuttle for pick up, and it arrived in about 30 minutes. The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the airport, so this was pretty reasonable. The shuttle busses also make scheduled runs back to the airport, so there is no need to spend on taxis.

Upon arrival the staff were friendly and helpful, even asking which floor of the hotel I would prefer to stay on. They also provided me with some basic toiletries, as my bag had been lost in transit. The hotel itself is quite attractive inside, with an atrium open to the top of the building, which I understand is common in Embassy Suites hotels.

The rooms are large, a bedroom with a window to the outside and a sitting area with a window onto the middle of the hotel. The living areas have a fridge, microwave, sink and kettle with tea/coffee facilities. The bathroom is also spacious. Both the bedroom and the living room have TVs with a wide range of channels, and there is high speed wi-fi available for $9.95 (August 2009) per 24 hours.

The facilities in the rest of the hotel include a business centre, fitness room and a pool with a whirlpool and an outdoor deck. There is also a bar and a Ruth Chris's Steakhouse. There is a complimentary made to order and buffet breakfast, as well as an evening "manager's reception" with snacks and drinks.

The area surrounding the hotel was the only drawback for me. Although there was a park right across the road, downtown Huntsville doesn't seem to have a lot in it, but there are bus stops on the road outside and the "Tourist Trolley" goes right past it. I suppose if you're going to Huntsville for something though, you'll know where to go, unlike me who was just wandering around!

Overall though I would recommend it for any trip to Huntsville, especially if you want to be very comfortable!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank scottishblondie
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My family and I made a quick weekend trip to Huntsville, Alabama to visit the Space and Rocket Museum and the Sci-Quest kids (completely interactive). I chose Embassy Suites based on tripadvisor reviews and was completely pleased with the entire experience. EVERY staff member was at the top of their game. They each went out of their way to accommodate my family.
The complimentary breakfast bar was just great...great choices. We ate supper at the hotel restaurant,** Ruth Cris Steakhouse. The service and food were outstanding but you need to know that*** IT IS PRICEY.
The hotel is downtown and a nice park is NEXT TO the property and a great pond with lots of great fish to feed ( get extra bread from breakfast or supper). They are very near the Early Works Children museum that is completely interactive..very kool. It is only 2-3 exits from the Space and Rocket Center..must see. Also on the same exit at Calhoun College is Sci-Quest, a completely interactive,very kool, VERY WORTH IT kids museum. I was impressed with the downtown area..they have really done well with keeping it up. I have never been to Huntsville but would be pleased to go back again one day.
Oh, the beds slept great...you have pay $5/day for parking...daily fee if you hook up to the internet but they have a business center you can use too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank boogyfoot
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I stayed at this hotel four nights during a conference. The hotel is beautiful, attached to the Civic Center, has a Ruth's Cris (great food), great made-to-order omletes with included breakfast: potatoes, eggs, pork and turkey bacon, sausage, grits, cereal, fresh fruit, danish, bagels... Great. The manager's reception is great for cocktails. One night there was even turkey and dressing. The other nights, appetizers were scarce. There were some nasty chicken nuggets--they didn't seem to be all meat. Saturday night, here was an even nastier nacho bar with bad chilli, chips, and nacho cheese (right out of a can). The drinks were great. The bartenders were friendly.

I used the gym three mornings, and it is nice with modern machines, water, towels, and sanitizing wipes. The temperature is kept a little on the warm side, but each day when we complained, it was lowered. There was a hot tub, but it was drained when I tried to use it (in the middle of the day).

I used the business center, which is nice, with free internet access and printing. There are pages already bookmarked to print boarding passes/airline customer service.

The walkway to the convention center is very convenient.

Unfortunately, the lowlight of the hotel is the terrible housekeeping. The second day this happened, I called and asked if it was the hotel standard for housekeeping to just change the towels and not clean. I was told that someone would be up and clean the room. Someone came without a cart and "cleaned" the glasses with one dirty wash cloth--disgusting. She even did us the favor of leaving the dirty washcloth she used. She didn't wipe any counters, clean the bathroom floor, or vacuum anything. She half-way made-up the bed and left. I didn't complain again. We just grinned and bore it. It was a joke for us to see what the housekeeper did not do when we returned in the evenings. The soap scum in the bottom of the soap dish was invisible to her for four days. At least there were ample clean towels.

Great hotel if you don't mind awful housekeeping.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business