“Awesome stay again!!”

Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
“Awesome stay again!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this fantastic hotel again for a Lacrosse tournament. The room was exceptionally clean and the AC was very cool after a hot day of playing Lacrosse. We all enjoyed the pool and the staff was awesome, especially at the front desk. The parking garage was clean and nice to have because of the rain showers we experienced every evening. The managers reception was very nice and the drinks were very cold and tasty. We enjoy staying at this hotel and look forward to our next visit.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Embassy_Suites_HSV, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear 67strauss,

Thank you for the great review and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad to hear that our staff were so helpful and that you got to experience the pool as well as the evening reception.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We took our grandson to this full service hotel and spa. It was a wonderful experience. The pool and fitness room were his favorite. The office suite is great. Our room was beautiful. I don't understand how other guest could say this hotel is beaten up and run down. The lobby was very pretty and bright. Breakfast was great! I have had nicer manager receptions at other Embassy's. We have an adjustable Tempurpedic at home so..beds can't usually compare! Staff was very hospitable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda H
Dear Linda H,

I want to thank you for sharing with us your experience at Embassy Suites Huntsville Hotel & Spa. I'm so glad to hear that you grandson enjoyed the indoor swimming pool I'm also pleased to hear that our staff were so helpful! Thank you again and safe travels!
Girard, Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Housekeeping obviously does not dust, tables were dusty when I got there & never once was cleaned. Remote for tv in bedroom area barely worked, had to stand directly in front of tv to work. Was noisy in living room area b/c you can hear all the noise from the hotel lobby. Be care with the bill they slip under your door way, make sure they don't charge you for something you didn't use. Was charged $3 for a water that I never even touched, front desk did correct the matter. Mike the shuttle driver was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Embassy_Suites_HSV, General Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Lisa K,

I want to personally apologize for your experiences during your stay. I want to ensure you that this is not normal and it has been addressed with the housekeeping department. We want each guest to feel like they are home and we are disappointed when we fall short of this. I do hope that you will give us another try should you return to the Huntsville area.

Hotel Management
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Staff was very nice. Thermostat in room didn't work. Overall, the hotel is beaten up and run-down. Carpets are dirty and old. Furniture is beaten up and old. Beds and pillows not comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was OK, but the area was not clean - carpets dirty and sticky. Manager's reception in the same area has cheese and crackers is not that great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Janet B
Dear Janet B,

I am very sorry for the experience you had during your stay. And I want to thank you for your review. We strive to ensure that each guest experiences the Embassy Suites hospitality and we are disappointed when we fall short. I want you to know that I have shown your review to the department managers as well as the General Manager so that we can correct the issues that were addressed. I would like to invite you back to give us another try in giving you the experience you've come to love.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great place again for the sixth year in a row.
Big free breakfast!
The people and hospitality were great as always.
They seem to go over and beyond to help anyway they can.
The walkway over to the Von-Braun center is great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kd4szb
Dear Kd4szb,

Thank you for the great review and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy your stay each year you visit with us! Thank you again and we look forward to next years visit.
salt lake city
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here for two nights in May. The hotel is very nice and exceptionally clean. The staff is among the most gracious I've encountered; all were friendly without being over the top; helpful without being annoying and truly focused on customer service. The usual Embassy Suites amenities are always appreciated--free breakfast and cocktail reception. The cocktail reception had better snacks than most Embassy Suites--they offered cheese, crackers, veggies and the usual chips/salsa. My room was spotless and I really liked being on the second floor, so I could easily access the stairs and not have to take the escalator. I'd definitely stay here again.

Green Features: For once--a hotel that actually pays attention when I leave the towel on the rack and doesn't replace it!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank olgabs
Embassy_Suites_HSV, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear olgabs,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad that the staff were so friendly and that you got to experience the Evening Reception. We are rated Gold with TripAdvisor on being a Green Hotel and we take pride in knowing that we are reducing our carbon footprint.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Middle Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Since the old Hilton is no longer open just across the street now we are "forced" to stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel. Although it costs about twice what I used to pay for the room at the Hilton turned Holiday Inn that we used to stay at when we were in Huntsville, this was worth it in many ways. I was able to get a room at the last minute and although it was expensive, it was available. Staff was very friendly and parking was not expensive. The room, no, the suite, was large and we asked for a good view and got a room on the 10th floor where we could see a long ways. The beds were comfortable, the HD TV's nice, the showers just fine. The AC was working but I am not sure the AC was working in the air of the tower, because the air was a bit too warm by the elevators. The included breakfast was one of the best included breakfasts I have had. You really can't go wrong by staying here if you have any business in the Von Braun Center. There is a covered passageway to the VBC. That made it very nice to stay at Embassy Suites when running the Cotton Row Run on Memorial Day. I didn't try the WiFi since it was advertised as $9 a day. Elevators were not busy when I was there, so hardly had to wait.

Room Tip: rooms ending in 16 to about 22 have a great view of an electrical substation. I didn't see it bu...
Green Features: There is no way to know about that so any "E-F" things are usually propaganda.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank eatmoresalmon
Dear eatmoresalmon,

Thank you for your recent review. And I'm glad that you were able to get a room for the Cotton Row Runs. I am glad to hear that the staff were helpful and the you enjoyed your room. I will inform Maintenance concerning the air by the elevator.

Thank you again and Safe Travels.