“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My sons school had two lacrosse games this weekend and we stayed at this modern hotel. The new guy at the front desk (Patrick) was extremely hospitable and checked us in quickly and talked about the hotels amenities. The room was fresh, clean and very comfortable. The morning breakfast was excellent and (Rickey) was working hard busing tables and helped us out getting our group together. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Embassy_Suites_HSV, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear 67strauss,

Thank you so much for your recent review. Yes, Although Patrick is still a trainee he has been a great addition to the team. All of our team members strive to have every guest experience the Embassy Suites Experience and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you again and we look forward to the next time you visit Huntsville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This Embassy suites was nicer than the other embassy suites I have checked into. The rooms were clean, they had good hot breakfast and I enjoyed the spa. I would stay here next time I come to Huntsville.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, it has the best view of the downtown area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear grantisyoung,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that your room was to your liking and that our housekeeping team did a great job. I'm pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Spa Botanica and all that it has to offer. It is one of the great things that make us different from other hotels.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights for a very large middle and high school band event that was taking place at the civic center, which was adjacent to the hotel. The location was perfect as there is a walkway to the civic center. The staff was always very friendly and seemed to go out of their way to accommodate a large group of teens from around the state. Rooms are typical Embassy Suites, spacious and clean. Only slight complaints: the TVs and remotes were difficult to operate. There was plenty of free parking and I would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed April 2014
Dear truevans,

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the band event. Our team does an outstanding job of ensuring that each guest enjoys their stay with us. And I will be sure to share your review with them. Thank you again and safe travels during the spring band season.
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at the Embassy Suites while attending the Select Travelers Conference. The hotel was beautiful. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and inviting. The atrium was very nice. We enjoyed the breakfast and evening managers reception. The landscape outside our window and around the hotel was breath taking. Being connected to the Von Braun Center was very nice. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Colklink1983,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your conference as well as your stay with us. Being connected to the VBC via the skywalk is wonderful for our guests to be able to come and go without having to walk around the buildings, especially during bad weather. I'm also glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary evening reception as well as the breakfast. Our staff does an amazing job of ensure each guest feels like they are at home and I will be sure to share your review with them.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Huntsville.
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Spent 3 nights here for a conference. The hotel is very nice. Plenty of parking, easy access to everything. The meeting rooms were nice. Our room was large and comfortable.

This would have been an excellent rating, except for one major flaw. On one day, we were leaving the room just as the cleaning service arrived to clean our room. I had forgotten something in the room, so I returned about 2 minutes later. The cleaner was leaving the room and was done.

For almost $200/night, I expect some degree of clean. I know the reality of hotels, but this was crazy. I doubt we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear OurFamilyGA,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry we were not able to provide you the quality of service you expect. This is not typical of our hotel and staff and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused during your time with us. This review will be discussed with the proper depatments to ensure that this does not happen again. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a wonderful Embassy Suites experience. Thank you again for your review and I'd like to invite you back to give us another try to really show you the Embassy Suites standards you've come to love.
Bonaire, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Enjoyed the stay... The fitness center was clean and had updated equipment. The managers reception was a relaxing atmosphere, and the restuarant delivered more than expected. The complimentary breakfast hit the spot and was freshly made. You can't beat the value for what you get in return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel while staying in Huntsville, and thank you for the review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, we have been updating our fitness center as well as our pool area. And, Ruth's Chris has been a wonderful addition to our hotel; I will forward your review to the restaurant manager.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Oklahoma
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The manager's reception provides a great gathering place. The rooms are very big, but there were some odd stains on the curtains. The staff...when available (they appeared very busy and there was often a wait to talk to one and sometimes the phones weren't answered) were extremely personable. The breakfast was excellent, but the layout and seating arrangement makes it hard to get around. I definitely do not recommend "upgrading" for $20 more/night. The advantage is free internet ($10 daily saving...but spotty service), and access to a vending machine which was usually empty, and a kerig coffee maker...when coffee is free downstairs. Big mistake on my part. I misunderstood when making an online reservation. I really just wanted a room with two beds, so should have just talked to a human. Can't complain about the location or staff, but learned my lesson about the upgrade.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and for choosing us for your home away from home while in Huntsville. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking. I am sorry to hear about the upgrade to the Premium Suite and not having the snack machine stocked during your stay. This was addressed to our front office team this morning. We do hope that you visit us again, should you return to Huntsville.

Tip: If you'd like the free wi-fi but not the Premium Suite be sure to participate in our Loyalty Program. As Honor Members wi-fi is free at our hotel. Speak to one of our Guest Service Representatives and they can assist you.