“A great place to stay, but...”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel took to time to read over my wish list, and provide everything from providing me a room with an excellent view, to having a room near the elevator. This is a great place to stay, but if you don't eat pork you may want to call in advance.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Nice property with a welcoming staff and warm atmosphere… The manager’s reception was standard for Embassy Suites with chips, salsa and trail mix. The adult beverages flowed freely and the bartenders were good. The waitress “mina” I think was her name was very helpful at the manager’s reception and breakfast.

CONS:

The housekeeping staff was not Embassy Suites standard. When I checked into my room I immediately noticed the bed was ruffled as if someone had sat on it. Not a big deal. Then I noticed the toilet was not clean but since I checked in late, I assumed that someone had checked into that room and decided they did not like it so they changed rooms. I myself have done that so I didn’t think anything beyond it. Then I noticed that after several days of stay the my bed was always ruffled, pillows not fluffed, toilet paper not replaced, glasses in the bath room not cleaned, dirty glasses from the manager’s reception not removed from the room, floor not vacuumed, toilet and sink area not cleaned, shower/bath tub not cleaned. Basically the only thing housekeeping did was throw the duvet and pillows on the bad and take out the trash.

The Cable TV was out the majority of time during my stay and they did not offer free movies or a discount on the room. Let’s be real, when traveling alone on business, after the managers reception what else is there do in your hotel room!!!

The only place on the property to eat was Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. Though their food is good, it is extremely over priced and not something you would eat daily for a week.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonzey J
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

First, let me thank you for your review. We continue to strive to exceed our guests' expectations and I'm sorry that we were unable to accomplish this for you. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our Manager's Reception but we are terribly sorry that we fell short in the housekeeping department. I want you to know that I've taken this review to our housekeeping manager and I hope that you give us another try should your travels bring you back this way.
-Joy

Reviewed December 12, 2013

On the outside this hotel looks like any other large corporate hotel. Its only when you get in that you start to see the cracks. Clever idea of several reception desks with adequate colleagues behind them. Why do I say adequate? One expects the front of house colleagues to raise their heads and acknowledge guest as they walk past, this didn't happen. If you spoke to them directly a pleasant response was given, but no more. The inside is novel with the galleried floors above having the suites leading off. The down side, this leaves a large void over the dining and seating area, which means the this area was drafty and cold. I do understand that in the heat of the summer this is probably a pleasant aspect, but when we were there it was -6 deg at night. The breakfast was poor, packet everything, limited fresh fruit, high fat and sugary products. The only saving grace was the freshly cooked omelettes. The colleagues again on the whole were scruffy and inattentive.

The suite was okay, beds very comfy, the facilities clean. The room wasn't serviced every day of our stay, no facility for boiling water for my friends cup of tea and we had to ask for milks/creams/ sugars etc and the main gripe no free WiFi. In this day and age and for a hotel of this rating to have no free WiFi is unbelievable.

Would I stay here again? not if I didn't have to. There are much better hotels out there in the same price bracket and with far better facilities and service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Swallow11
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for selecting our hotel. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations--and I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. In your review, you bring up some great points that we are currently looking into. In regards to updating and seeing some cracks on the wall ---we're already on our way.

Please be assured that the feedback you provided in your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Joy

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very poor wifi (very slow and disconnects); unlike most hotels they charge $10 a day for internet. Reception is friendly but checkout staff has a ppor attitude and is lazy (inability to correct a billing issue and would not look up my Hilton Honors number). Breakfast staff is very friendly, food is good with several choices. Lounge is overpriced and closes too early. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Just a services issue this stay and my last. There are too many other choices to consider returning at the rates.

1  Thank Paul Mitchell C
embassy_suites_hvill, General Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I understand that you were unsatisfied with a few issues at our hotel. I especially would like to apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed and availability of our Wi-Fi connection.

We strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms; however, I apologize if we came short of delivering what you expected from us. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here while visiting the Space and Rocket center. Pros: Front desk was courteous and helpful. Rooms were very clean. We are a family of 5 (three kids under 7), and two room king bed suites are perfect. The space you get for the price is excellent. Room service by Ruth Chris was tasty! Cons: I did not notice the gratuity was already added when they brought up room service. I ended up tipping ~$30 for a $60 room service meal. Either don't include the gratuity, or make its inclusion a bit more obvious. Breakfast was good. However, at this and other Embassy's we have stayed at, when the clock strikes 9:00 or 10:30 (end of complimentary breakfast), it seems like the food service employees are in a competition to see if they can put up all of the food and drink before any diners or late arrivals can grab a last piece of fruit or muffin. It's like the employees don't make the connection that the people eating are also the ones funding their paycheck. We stay almost exclusively at Hilton owned brands, and I have not experienced this at other brands (Hilton, Hampton Inn, Garden Inn, etc.)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven F
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

First I'd like to thank you for your recent review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you enjoyed the Space and Rocket Center as well. I also wanted you to know that I have shown your review to Ruth's Chris concerning your suggestions with the Room Suites bill and breakfast. We do hope that you'll stay with us again should your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very nice hotel. Great friendly staff. Ask Kevin, the valet fro places to eat. The reservationists are also accommodating. Great complimentary hot breakfast. Fresh Waffles, fruit, grits, eggs, made to order omelets, etc.

1  Thank Dierdre M
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The issues I see is they need to stop "$20-ing" you to death on internet, parking, and expensive meals. I get irritated at hotels that charge for internet access, expecially very nice ones. It's beneath their dignity to take advantage of a person or company business account.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business