“Very accomodating”

GreenLeadersGold level
Williamsburg, VA, United States
“Very accomodating”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Enjoyed my stay. Everyone was helpful. The shuttle was available for more than just the airport. Loved the openness of the lounge area and windowed elevators. It made it easy to find people. The back doors led to Park area and to Art museum, so one did not have to cross any streets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Argo, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Embassy Suites provides everything you need to immerse yourself in the Rocket City. Rooms overlook the historic Big Spring Park and downtown Huntsville where real Rocket Scientists come to relax, enjoy a variety of exquisite restaurants and music venues. It's right next to the Von Braun Center making a beautiful walk or you can take the trolley. Ruth Chris Steakhouse is on the premises and the complimentary breakfast will satisfy even the pickiest appetite. The Hotel is clean, accommodating and the staff is friendly as would be expected with Southern Hospitality. We've stayed here at least 7 or 8 times and will continue to call it our home when we visit family and friends in the Huntsville area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park and spend an afternoon on Monte Sano!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
huntsville, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was called and the person on the phone stated there was an issue with my credit card. I went to the front desk and all was fine with my card. This phone call had to come from the hotel. My co-worker had her credit card number stolen and someone charged $400 to her account. the only place she used the card was at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your room however I want you to know that our customers’ privacy is always respected and we sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. We take this very seriously and are currently investigating this incident. - Joy
Jackson, NJ
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Huntsville at this Embassy Suites. We checked in on Labor Day and the Hotel felt empty. There could not have been more than ten people at the managers reception.

We walked around the canal and the lake that night and it was very nice. Just watch out for the goose poop. We also used the pool and hot tub both nights and we found both to be adequate. Nothing fancy but it fit our needs. I wish there was another on site dining option than Ruth Chris, something in a more moderate range.

I agree with the poster below that this room felt a little smaller than other Embassy Suites we have stayed in but it was adequate for our family of four. I know we have stayed in other Embassy Suites and got all six of our family in the room but our two older daughters did not make this trip with us so it was only four of us.

We enjoyed breakfast both days and really filled up so that we only had to eat one other meal each day. Again, hardly any crowds. The second night the featured drink at the managers reception was a Bay Breeze and my wife and I really enjoyed them. We had three each.

Overall I would stay here again if I found myself in Huntsville.

Rockwall
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff downstairs were very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge! Plenty of room to stretch out! Having 2 TV's meant 2 choices of tv shows. Complimentary breakfast was very excellent! Lots of choices for breakfast!

Nashville, TN
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a relaxing stay at the Embassy Suites in Huntsville over Labor Day weekend. The hotel is well maintained, the complimentary breakfast is good and the rooms are very spacious. We will return the next time we come to Huntsville.

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I personally love to stay at Embassy Suites. They usually have nice suites, a full breakfast, and the Manager's Reception in the evening with free drinks. Also the décor with the center patio and all adds to the overall scenery of the hotel. However, I thought that the Embassy Suites in Huntsville lacked something that the others have. The suite seemed smaller in Huntsville and the overall atmosphere of the hotel seemed to be less than all the rest in other cities. If the other Embassy Suites could be rated at a 10, then the Embassy Suites in Huntsville would be around a 6 or 7. Service was fair and the restaurant facilities were bad, but that is another review. We stayed here for our anniversary and was somewhat disappointed. Of course, a large crowd of conventioneers were always present in the lobby, restaurant, and bar area. That added to the negativity. There are better hotels in the Huntsville area than this one at a cheaper rate. However, if, like me, you like the suites idea and the free full breakfast in the morning and drinks at night, this could be the place for you. I don't think that I would return. I would return, however, to some other Embassy Suites that I have stayed at .

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are the same. Be prepared for smaller suites at this hotel than at some other Emba...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from Embassy Suites. We want every guest to have a wonderful stay and we are always disappointed when we fall short. I want you to know that I brought your review to the GM and that is was discussed with the departments.

We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. I'd like to invite you back to give us another opportunity to give you the Embassy Suites Standard that you expect. - Joy