“Good three night business stay”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Valparaiso, Florida
“Good three night business stay”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in April for work. The location of the hotel is excellent, with many rooms featuring a view of the park. The hotel was pretty full, but they gave me a room on a high floor like my preferences state, so I had a nice view of downtown Huntsville and the park.

All the staff I encountered were very friendly. The check-in agent was helpful, the concierge helped me plan a running route, and the bartenders/bussers at the manager's reception were friendly and attentive.

I've always found food at the ES manager's reception to be hit or miss. At this hotel, it was serviceable but nothing special. I believe that had Yuengling on tap, which is a plus relative to the normal Anheuser-Busch offerings at other ES hotels. Breakfast was quite tasty.

The biggest downside was the parking charge. They are not short of parking, and other area hotels don't seem to charge. I paid it for the convenience of not paying street parking, but it was irksome regardless.

The choice of a Ruth's Chris as the hotel restaurant seems a bit strange to me. I didn't eat there during my stay. There are several microbreweries within walking distance, and I recommend giving them a try if you're into craft beer or just good food.

I will probably stay at this hotel again if I need to be in Huntsville, particularly if work takes me to the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Plenty of parking.

Check in was smooth and effortless.

Superb room.

Very comfortable king size bed.

His and Her's TVs.

Ethernet is there if you want it. We didn't bring any computers, so I can't report on it's latency, download speed, and upload speed.

Elevators are sufficient. Enough of them and plenty fast.

The included breakfast buffet was fair. For example, the bacon was undercooked and inedible (at least to me). There was a custom omelet line, however the line was long and moving very slowly, so I passed on the custom omelet. The coffee was good.

One thing I'd recommend is bringing some paper clamps that you buy at any office supply store to clamp together the black out curtains at the center. Otherwise you'll have floodlights piercing the gap. I have no idea why hotels don't configure the black out curtains to overlap in the center, but it appears to be the defacto standard in many hotels.

We were there for an event in the von Braun convention center. The hotel has an air conditioned bridge walkway over to the von Braun center. Very nice.

In summary, a very nice place to stay.

We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor. Dead quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Herndon, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. The room was very clean and very comfortable. I enjoyed the two room suite. I was attending a conference so it was wonderful to be able to have the complimentary breakfast and then walk the breezeway to the convention center. My experience was nothing but positive

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Atlanta
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family stayed here for two weeks while my sister was in Huntsville Hospital ICU. The staff could not have been nicer during a difficult time. My sister is doing well now, but at the time we chose the hotel based on its proximity to the hospital. We were happy to discover that it is also ideally located across the street from a city park with a lake and they have a large fountain behind the hotel with a goldfish "river" that was a nice place to take an evening walk. The breakfast included with the room price was a full hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, bacon, grits) plus fresh fruit (bananas, melons) yogurt and made to order omelets. We ate from the Ruth Chris menu for lunch as the restaurant shares the lobby, and my guess is that the same cooks served the hotel. My mother said it was as nice as any resort she has visited, and she has traveled around the world There are 10 floors and the first week we were on the top floor, but there were three elevators and we never had to wait even during busier hours. The hotel is connected to the Van Braun center where there are conventions, but we found that when the afternoon thunderstorms rolled in, we could walk for blocks and never go outside. They have a nice size indoor pool which we didn't have time to use but it looked clean, and fresh towels were available. Beds were particularly comfortable "pillow top" with lots of comfortable pillows. Every room is a two room "suite" with pull out sofa bed. This hotel is a gem.

Room Tip: Our room was over the indoor pool roof and overlooked the city park and fountain behind the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. I am glad to hear that the staff was so helpful during your stay. Anytime you have to stay somewhere for a long period, especially during a difficult time, can be hard and it's the little things that help make your stay easier and I am glad to hear that this was the case. I will be sure to show your review to the staff. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way. - Joy
Lincoln University, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were here to see our son off for deployment. The staff was so friendly, kind, and helpful. Hotel breakfast and evening reception were awesome. Great pool and hot tub. And our dinner at Ruth Chris was a night to remember. Staying at Embassy Suites turned our difficult time into a very happy and memorable one for our family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you found the pool and hot tub to your liking. I am pleased to hear that the staff was so helpful. Anytime you have to say goodbye to someone, even for a short period, can be difficult and I'm glad that we were able to help turn that experience into a memorable one for your family. We hope to welcome you back should you return this way. - Joy
Huntsville, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night for a quick couples getaway. We LOVED it! The evening reception was very nice and the breakfast was great! The room was very clean and the space was huge! We will choose this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the property offered you just the right amount of space for you to spread out and relax. Hope to see you return soon. Safe travels! - Joy
Lansdowne, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean. There was always some one ready to help with any of my needs. I will return to this location again. The breakfast was excellent especially for the price (free)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your recent stay here with us! We are so glad you enjoyed the free, cooked-to-order breakfast! I have shown your review to the departments heads so that they know how great and helpful their staff are. Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!