“Mostly as expected”

GreenLeadersGold level
Huntsville
“Mostly as expected”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place as far as service and location. Rooms are comfy, roomy and beds are nice. The views are great if you overlook the park. It is wonderful to have shuttle service as well. We stay here several times a year, as well as putting up our business clients. My only complaints are: a) never any napkins or paper towels in the rooms, so if you utilize the fridge/microwave/dining table, you have to use the bathroom towels for your hands and clean up & b) the breakfast is terrible. We've watched the quality decline steadily. It's free, and you get what you pay for. Frozen pancakes and biscuits, the cheapest/fattiest bacon, runny scrambled eggs. We tell our clients to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you continue to return. We continually strive to be the Embassy Suites that our guests expect from us and it is always disappointing when we hear that we may have fallen short of this. I want you to know that I have shown your review to our restaurant manager. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels......

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at the Embassy Suites for a convention. The hotel is very nice, clean, and in a very quaint location. The hotel has a stream that runs along side it with thousands of fish and several ducks, and it winds around to a nice park. Rooms are clean and very roomy. Extensive Breakfast and evening reception that is included is a nice bonus. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us! So gald you enjoyed the complimentary Manager's Reception and the cooked-to-order breakfast. Yes, the stream leads to a wonderful pond at Big Spring Park which has a few more fountains if you continue it down past the Art Center. I'm glad you got to enjoy it while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again!
Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Beautiful hotel adjacent to the convention center. Well maintained property with excellent breakfast and typical manager reception. Tony on the front desk made our stay for a convention special because he gave excellent suggestions for dining for the two days we were in Huntsville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Tony was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with him. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.
Caeur D Alene
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Great location.
Staff was very friendly

It had a Ruth Christie's that closes at 11 so very convenient for late arrivals and an empty stomach.

Rooms very well kept

Gym was ok. Not great. The equipment needs a bit of attention but not a deal beaker.

Will return

• Stayed August 2013
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel! I'm so glad you were able to experience our warm Embassy Suites hospitality and we look forward to seeing you again soon! - Joy
Tampa FL, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great stay! They do everything right....food, room, shuttle, courtesy and helpfulness of employees, décor,...all well above average. Hope to stay there again next summer when I return for the Martha Pullen School. I did not personally check out the pool and spa because of time constraints but would like to on the next visit. Everything worked properly and the upkeep of the facility looked great. They even had the Wall Street Journal available in the morning as well as USA Today. Good selection of TV channels also. I like not having a long reception counter but small receiving desks much like some of the higher priced hotel chains.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the Embassy Suites Team was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with the them. We look forward to seeing you next summer! - Joy
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not a fan of this hotel...and I am a Hilton Diamond Member, Actually, this is probably one of the worst run Hilton's in Huntsville and I have been to all of them. I say this because of my recent visit in July 2013. My room had issues, that while pretty minor, show the lack of attention of this hotel. First.....when I first checked in my bathroom had one toilet paper roll where the cardboard roll was showing and the other toilet paper roll had maybe 1/3 of the roll left. Really? Can you change the empty cardboard roll for a new roll? Number 2....two of the four lights in the bathroom vanity were burnt out. Again....really? So I figured that maybe the next day all of these things would be fixed when I left for work. Nope. Both the lights and the empty toilet paper roll stayed there my entire 3 nights at the hotel. Luckily I made it through with the second toilet paper roll before having to call the front desk to properly stock my bathroom.

Other little things....no hand towels on Day 1. Day two...not bath matt; no caffeinated coffee pouches. Luckily I bring some Via with me and that covered my caffeine intake for the day. Day three...no caffeinated coffee pouches.

Yes, this may sound petty but I expected more out of the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank athena381
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and will be taken into consideration.

Atlanta
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The good: Since I was too early for check in, the receptionist took my number and said she would call when the room was ready - and did - while recommending a great pizza place across the street. Yum. Room was spacious and nice. Room service - served up by a very personable and efficient young lady- was well-prepared, hot and tasty.
The bad: Oh. Charge for parking. Oh. Charge for internet (which the nice young lady waived since the internet in my room was spotty at best) Breakfast is the deal-breaker for me here. Greeted by totally indifferent hostess, ill-prepared food in a bus stop atmosphere. Orange juice not even good. Too many costs cut. Food quality not up to what you would expect.
Also - I wanted some coffee in the room but the only creamer available was French Vanilla.
And - I hate Nestle coffee machines.
The overall experience does not add up for me. Never again. Not here.

Room Tip: Ask how far your room is from the elevator. This property can become a surprisingly long walk.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking a time to write a review about your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that the receptionist was able to help you find a good pizza place. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a stay that you expect from an Embassy Suites. We appreciate your business and reviews help us to know where we can improve. I assure you that your feedback is important to us and it will be discussed with the appropriate department heads. Thank you again and we hope that you will give us another try should your travels bring you back this way.