“room ok; breakfast terrible; overcharged me for internet”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Huntsville, Alabama
“room ok; breakfast terrible; overcharged me for internet”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Room was nice but that was the only highlight. At breakfast the eggs were runny, the coffee was so hot it burned my mouth instantly, and the bacon was very dry and tasted awful. I was also overcharged for internet service after leaving. Will not be going back to this place; way overpriced for the poor food and overcharge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry if you found our breakfast to be sub-par. In addition, I understand from your review that there were some additional charges that you did not expect. I am very sorry that you found our internet charges to excessive and I sincerely apologize if the charges were not clear when you first booked your room. With this said, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and if there is anything I could further assist you with, please feel free to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
atlanta
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This property is on its last leg. I'm really dreading my shower in the morning with the mold in the shower. I'm glad I have flip flops to wear. It is also a little smelly with a musty odor. I'll post pictures.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am so sorry if your bathroom was moldy. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Mountain Brook, Alabama
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had an unexpected overnight stay in Huntsville. I checked rates on the Internet and found a rate for $129. I got to the hotel and they told me $149. I told the gentleman at the front desk that I found a rate for $129 just a few minutes prior and he said that was impossible because they were sold out of rooms at that rate. I pulled out my iPhone and logged into the Embassy Suites web page and, sure enough, the $129 rate was still available. He finally gave me the rate but it was aggravating to have to argue for a rate that was posted on the Embassy Suites web page.

I believe parking was $6 for an open surface lot and Internet access was $9.95. Both were way too high for this type of hotel. I guess this hotel is accustomed to government travelers and they will pay these extra fees without question, but as an individual paying the rate, I didn't think I received my money's worth from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that Embassy Suites is known for. I have shown your review to our General Manager and he will take your comments into consideration.

Thank you again for your review. And I sincerely hope that you give us another try the next time you’re in town.
Centreville, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great hotel and great stay. The facilities are well maintained, clean and modern. The service is top notch and the restaurant on site (Ruth Chris) always great. Hilton maintains top level performance at all their hotels and the Embassy Suites is no exception. My stay at the Huntsville Embassy Suites is one of the reasons I am a Hilton Honors member.

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My stay was an excellent experience. I traveled on business and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. The location was very convenient. Be prepared to pay a fee for parking due to the location. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. I will definitiely stay here again.

Delta, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Strongly recommend this hotel. Having a Ruth's Cris steakhouse in hotel provided a wonderful post concert dinner (was our first time at that restaurant). Room Service stops at 10-11PM, when Ruth's closes. So if you want anything beyond basic vending machine stuff, recommendation some snacks or drinks, as that is all that will be available after Restaurant closes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Bowling Green KY
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay. Husband was there for a meeting and I traveled with him. Employees were very friendly and room was clean and fresh. Ruths Chris Steakhouse in hotel was great. Breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: Our room was on 2nd floor and we did not use elevator because there was a beautiful open staircase i...