“Nice property - but not a great stay”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had an unexpected overnight stay in Huntsville. I checked rates on the Internet and found a rate for $129. I got to the hotel and they told me $149. I told the gentleman at the front desk that I found a rate for $129 just a few minutes prior and he said that was impossible because they were sold out of rooms at that rate. I pulled out my iPhone and logged into the Embassy Suites web page and, sure enough, the $129 rate was still available. He finally gave me the rate but it was aggravating to have to argue for a rate that was posted on the Embassy Suites web page.

I believe parking was $6 for an open surface lot and Internet access was $9.95. Both were way too high for this type of hotel. I guess this hotel is accustomed to government travelers and they will pay these extra fees without question, but as an individual paying the rate, I didn't think I received my money's worth from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that Embassy Suites is known for. I have shown your review to our General Manager and he will take your comments into consideration.

Thank you again for your review. And I sincerely hope that you give us another try the next time you’re in town.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great hotel and great stay. The facilities are well maintained, clean and modern. The service is top notch and the restaurant on site (Ruth Chris) always great. Hilton maintains top level performance at all their hotels and the Embassy Suites is no exception. My stay at the Huntsville Embassy Suites is one of the reasons I am a Hilton Honors member.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My stay was an excellent experience. I traveled on business and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. The location was very convenient. Be prepared to pay a fee for parking due to the location. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. I will definitiely stay here again.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Strongly recommend this hotel. Having a Ruth's Cris steakhouse in hotel provided a wonderful post concert dinner (was our first time at that restaurant). Room Service stops at 10-11PM, when Ruth's closes. So if you want anything beyond basic vending machine stuff, recommendation some snacks or drinks, as that is all that will be available after Restaurant closes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay. Husband was there for a meeting and I traveled with him. Employees were very friendly and room was clean and fresh. Ruths Chris Steakhouse in hotel was great. Breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: Our room was on 2nd floor and we did not use elevator because there was a beautiful open staircase i...
Reviewed May 1, 2013

As usual--a great stay---having the two room suite makes for a quieter bedroom and a good nights rest. Great managers reception and very fine custom breakfast. Easy walk to downtown attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

There were no extra linens in the room for the pull out sofa. It was very late in the evening so I went downstairs to the front desk to request linens. Front desk staff was very nice and housekeeping brought the linens up very quickly. I was very pleased with the timing of service. I do not have any complaints about my stay. I stayed at the hotel for the BB King concert with my husband and another couple. We enjoyed the Ruth Chris Restaurant before the show and the short walk to the venue was great. I love the convenience of not having to leave the hotel for anything. We will be returning to the Embassy Suites Huntsville.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I am sorry that there were no linens for the sofa bed when you checked in but I am glad to hear that the Front Desk Staff and Housekeeping were quick and eficiant to get the linens to your room. Yes, Ruth's Chris and the skywalk to the VBC are great additions to our hotel that help make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.