“Quiet and Downtown Location”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 1, 2013

As usual--a great stay---having the two room suite makes for a quieter bedroom and a good nights rest. Great managers reception and very fine custom breakfast. Easy walk to downtown attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa

Reviewed May 1, 2013

There were no extra linens in the room for the pull out sofa. It was very late in the evening so I went downstairs to the front desk to request linens. Front desk staff was very nice and housekeeping brought the linens up very quickly. I was very pleased with the timing of service. I do not have any complaints about my stay. I stayed at the hotel for the BB King concert with my husband and another couple. We enjoyed the Ruth Chris Restaurant before the show and the short walk to the venue was great. I love the convenience of not having to leave the hotel for anything. We will be returning to the Embassy Suites Huntsville.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I am sorry that there were no linens for the sofa bed when you checked in but I am glad to hear that the Front Desk Staff and Housekeeping were quick and eficiant to get the linens to your room. Yes, Ruth's Chris and the skywalk to the VBC are great additions to our hotel that help make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel was very nice, I just would suggest a more moderately priced restaurant in the hotel so guests don't have to travel to other eateries in the area. Especially since there is only one eatery within walking distance.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very pleasant hotel; nice, quiet, clean suites with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary breakfast included wide selection of hot and cold items, including made to order omelets and waffles. I stayed a whole week, and felt well taken care of at all times. Decorating was attractive and easy to use, including heat/cooling and appliances. The overall environment of the hotel, inside and out, was quite pleasant. Fitness facility was a little warm, but clean and well equipped.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff at this Hotel went above and beyond to help my company plan and arrange our needs during a recent National conference. We were not running the conference, but had events both as part of the confernce and outside of the scheduled evernts. Jennifer Terry the Sales Manager really stepped up and was a joy to work with. Everyone from Chasley at the front desk to the Catering Manager Regina was part of a A-1 crew. If you get a chance to eat at Ruth Chris, which is inside the Hotel, ask for Milton, then sit back for service and a good laught. I have been here before and will be again.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Embassy Suites are typically one of my favorite hotels to use. However, my experience at this particular location was less than expected. First, they didn't participate in the HHonors quarterly promotion. Why, I have no idea. Second, they charge you to park in a parking lot that is no different than any other hotel. It is different in that aspect of the distance you are required to walk from the parking lot to the front door. Lastly (and most importantly), a massive pee stain was on the mattress. I know this because I always check my hotel mattresses for bed bugs. At that point, I'd have rather been bitten by a bed bug that known the bed had been previously urinated on. It was too late in the evening to even ask to change rooms, and I certainly didn't want to pack back up my heavy suitcase and lug it a football field length back to the elevator. This was even more irritating as my HHonors preferences clearly indicate a room close to the elevator is preffered. All that said, there were a few good things. The hotel staff at check-in and breakfast were very friendly, and the breakfast was delicious. However, it was not good enough to make me want to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Emily_Caldwell
embassy_suites_hvill, General Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having had to trouble quite a few times here recently I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly but this Embassy Suites was a breath of fresh air. My wife and I traveled here for a hockey game and loved the fact it was directly attached to the Von Braun Center (actually has an enclosed walkway connecting it to the center. So if you are going for a concert or any other event at the VBC, this hotel would be your best choice.

Check in was fast and easy. We stayed on the "premium" floor which included free WiFi and access to a snack "safe" next to the elevator with "free" drinks and assorted snacks. It was stocked full when we got there but when we returned after the game it was pretty much empty and was still empty the following morning. Kind of disappointed they didn't refill it overnight but oh well. Also, although WiFi is included in the premium room rate they still charged me for WiFi even though I never could actually get it to go past the login page (wasn't supposed to be charged regardless.) I got them to take it off the next morning but just something to watch out for.

The room was spacious and very clean. The bed wasn't super comfortable but it wasn't the worst I've stayed in either. Two flat panel TV's also, one in the "living room" the other in the bedroom. Room also included a Keurig, fridge, and microwave.

The managers reception wasn't much to speak of, just chips/salsa/pretzels. Breakfast was a full buffet along with cook to order omelets.

There is also a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse onsite in the hotel. We did eat there and it was fantastic.

Overall probably the nicest, cleanest Embassy Suites I have stayed in to date.

Room Tip: I would splurge for the "premium" room if you need WiFi due to the fact it also includes f...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple