“Great Conference Experience in Huntsville”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
concord, United States
“Great Conference Experience in Huntsville”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very pleasant hotel; nice, quiet, clean suites with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary breakfast included wide selection of hot and cold items, including made to order omelets and waffles. I stayed a whole week, and felt well taken care of at all times. Decorating was attractive and easy to use, including heat/cooling and appliances. The overall environment of the hotel, inside and out, was quite pleasant. Fitness facility was a little warm, but clean and well equipped.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Anniston, Alabama
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The staff at this Hotel went above and beyond to help my company plan and arrange our needs during a recent National conference. We were not running the conference, but had events both as part of the confernce and outside of the scheduled evernts. Jennifer Terry the Sales Manager really stepped up and was a joy to work with. Everyone from Chasley at the front desk to the Catering Manager Regina was part of a A-1 crew. If you get a chance to eat at Ruth Chris, which is inside the Hotel, ask for Milton, then sit back for service and a good laught. I have been here before and will be again.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Embassy Suites are typically one of my favorite hotels to use. However, my experience at this particular location was less than expected. First, they didn't participate in the HHonors quarterly promotion. Why, I have no idea. Second, they charge you to park in a parking lot that is no different than any other hotel. It is different in that aspect of the distance you are required to walk from the parking lot to the front door. Lastly (and most importantly), a massive pee stain was on the mattress. I know this because I always check my hotel mattresses for bed bugs. At that point, I'd have rather been bitten by a bed bug that known the bed had been previously urinated on. It was too late in the evening to even ask to change rooms, and I certainly didn't want to pack back up my heavy suitcase and lug it a football field length back to the elevator. This was even more irritating as my HHonors preferences clearly indicate a room close to the elevator is preffered. All that said, there were a few good things. The hotel staff at check-in and breakfast were very friendly, and the breakfast was delicious. However, it was not good enough to make me want to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emily_Caldwell
embassy_suites_hvill, General Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Pace, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having had to trouble quite a few times here recently I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly but this Embassy Suites was a breath of fresh air. My wife and I traveled here for a hockey game and loved the fact it was directly attached to the Von Braun Center (actually has an enclosed walkway connecting it to the center. So if you are going for a concert or any other event at the VBC, this hotel would be your best choice.

Check in was fast and easy. We stayed on the "premium" floor which included free WiFi and access to a snack "safe" next to the elevator with "free" drinks and assorted snacks. It was stocked full when we got there but when we returned after the game it was pretty much empty and was still empty the following morning. Kind of disappointed they didn't refill it overnight but oh well. Also, although WiFi is included in the premium room rate they still charged me for WiFi even though I never could actually get it to go past the login page (wasn't supposed to be charged regardless.) I got them to take it off the next morning but just something to watch out for.

The room was spacious and very clean. The bed wasn't super comfortable but it wasn't the worst I've stayed in either. Two flat panel TV's also, one in the "living room" the other in the bedroom. Room also included a Keurig, fridge, and microwave.

The managers reception wasn't much to speak of, just chips/salsa/pretzels. Breakfast was a full buffet along with cook to order omelets.

There is also a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse onsite in the hotel. We did eat there and it was fantastic.

Overall probably the nicest, cleanest Embassy Suites I have stayed in to date.

Room Tip: I would splurge for the "premium" room if you need WiFi due to the fact it also includes f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2013

For a pleasant stay in Huntsville especially if you like the “Suite Life” I doubt you would be disappointed in staying at the Embassy Suites in Huntsville.

From the lobby area to the rooms, the whole property has an openness to it that is refreshing from your typical hotel design. There is even a fountain inside the building that adds to a relaxing atmosphere while staying here.

In the times I have stayed here I have always found the front desk staff and van drivers to be very friendly and helpful with local information and recommendations.

As a part of your stay a nice free breakfast is offered but be prepared to show your room key if you want to enjoy made to order items like omelets and waffles. A good way to start your day as long as you resist the temptation to over eat.

There is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on property which I am not too crazy about. There are other restaurants around where you can get more bang for your buck. A few are within walking distance or you can use the hotel shuttle for ones within a reasonable area from the hotel.

If within your budget I think Embassy Suites is definitely worth a stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just a great hotel to stay at. While the rooms are a little more expensive than I typically like to pay they have a very nice managers reception in the evening as well as a great breakfast all included. The breakfast includes fresh cooked omelets along with all the other usual breakfast foods. You will certainly feel comfortable there while you are on the road and away from your family.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Embassy Suites in Huntsville is located in the downtown area with great views of the springs and park. Easy access off the interstate. The staff was pleasant and eager to help with any of our needs. The pool was clean with plenty of towels. Parking deck was easily accessible from lobby and outside front door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family