“Great Hotel for Show at Convention Center”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Clearwater, Florida
“Great Hotel for Show at Convention Center”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here for a conference at the convention center. I like that it is connected to the convention center. Parking charge is absurd. Room was well appointed and clean. There is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the hotel. Free breakfast is ok. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here when we attended the Songwriters Showcase at the Playhouse which is part of the Von Braun Center. The hotel has a walkway to the VBC, so that was nice in the cold weather! Our room was fine and the staff friendly. The breakfast area is large and the food was good. However, I was disapointed to see plastic plates and utinsels. It seems cheap for such a nice atmosphere. Having stayed twice at the ES in Tampa where they use stoneware and regular utinsels, this seemed a little shabby. Otherwise, very good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

On spring break with the kids visiting the Space and Rocket Center. Surprised to see hotel was near park with duck pond that extended behind the hotel. The pond also had variety of goldfish!! Kids were very excited. The park and pond were the main attraction. The indoor pool was great also, but not very clean. Very cloudy n muggy. Kids still enjoyed it. Staff was excellent, breakfast awesome! B+ due to dirty pool and having to pay for wifi and parking.

• Stayed March 2013
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, the ducks and Goldfish are very popular. If you continue the trail past the main pond there is another pond and stream with a fountain. I wanted to let you know that we have been working with our pool crew on making sure that the Pool stays clean and clear. We look forward to seeing you again soon!! -Joy
Tennessee
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I love to stay at Embassy Suites. You always KNOW that you are getting a fine place to stay... clean, well managed, GREAT breakfast... just first class at a decent price.

However, not this visit. We were there with our daughter's family for the Monster Truck show. The first room we had smelled like vomit. Sorry, but that's what all the adults thought. Perhaps it was just the smell of the cleaning solution used... or, with the viruses going around, it could be what it smelled like... regardless, it wasn't acceptable. They were VERY nice about it and moved us to another room. This room was much better... until it came time to take a shower and go to bed.

We were using the sofa and needed an extra pillow. Called down and were assured that we'd have one in about 10 minutes. Sounded good to us. Then, I wanted to take a shower before bed. Problem... MAJOR problem.. there were NO towels in the bathroom. Had either one or two hand towels, but nothing to use for taking a shower.

Called down again. They said they had a shortage of towels, but would have some within 10-15 minutes.We NEVER got the pillow. We didn't get the towels until the next morning... after another call. Needless to say, I went to bed without a shower.

I WILL have to say that this is NOT the normal service that I get when I stay at an Embassy Suites hotel... but, it was a hassle regardless. Everything else was fine, the boys loved the pool and the OUTSTANDING breakfast... even the $6.00 parking charge, since they said that Huntsville required it since they owned the garage. The area is nice and we will more than likely stay there again... BUT, I'll check for towels *IMMEDIATELY* after entering the room. :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed March 15, 2013

There must have been four wedding parties staying at the Embassy Suites the same weekend we stayed in September. We chose this hotel because of the location near downtown and the indoor pool. What impressed me was the hotel grounds adjacent city park.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel and staff were wonderful, but there was a convention and the guest were extremely loud. We called guest services more than once but there wasn't another room they could move us to. We were up half the night because of it and breakfast the next morning was overly crowded.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2013

A really nice hotel.The best service I have ever experienced. Lots of perks, including manager's reception and made to order complimentary breakfast. Also, i am in a wheelchair, and this is the best shower situation in a hotel I have ever encountered. A nice roll in shower.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations/Admin Assitant at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for your great feedback! Have safe travels, and we hope to see you again soon!