“Beautiful! Great area to take a walk.”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
“Beautiful! Great area to take a walk.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel with open atrium. Rooms were spotless. Beds were very comfortable. Great place to walk. There's a nice lake behind the hotel. Clean, lots of ducks. Seemed safe. Free breakfast cooked to order was delicious. Great drinks at night, snacks chips and dips. All personnel were friendly. All in all , very nice hotel. Highly recommend! Will stay again! Oh yes, they do have a very nice Ruth Chris restaurant, Food was delicious, lots of personal attention! Great!

• Stayed January 2013
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations/Administrative Assistant at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here with us! Our location is beautiful, right next to Big Spring Park. So glad you enjoyed the complimentary Manager’s Reception and our cooked to order breakfast, available at all Embassy Suites. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very nice rooms, clean and quiet. Very professional staff, great breakfast, nice gym, convenient location.

The service in Ruth's Chris steakhouse is consistently terrible! Even when seated at the bar.

The internet is almost unusable for anything more demanding than the most mundane and bandwidth sparing tasks. Forget about streaming or downloading. Even in the lobby, internet speed is a crawl.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations/Administrative Assistant at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for the four star review! We appreciate the feedback from our guests.

I am sorry to hear about your experience in Ruth's Chris. I have brought it to the attention of the restaurant manager.

As for the internet, we are currently in the process of upgrading our internet. I apologize for the inconvienence. I hope you will give us another try again soon.
Houston
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Overall, this is an excellent choice in Huntsville. Great location, reasonably priced and phenomenal value. We stayed here for a couple of nights over New Year's Eve. The hotel was busy but seemed very well staffed. We made a special room request and I was struck by how professional and diligent Tony was in trying to accomodate us. He was persistent and though it took him a long time, he was successful in helping us receive what we desired. The room was very clean and though the hotel is no longer new, the room still seemed to be. Bedding, carpet and furnishings were in excellent condition.

The breakfast had expanded their hours for the holiday and it was very welcome indeed. Though it was a weekday, they stayed open until 10:30am (instead of normally scheduled hour of 9am) on New Year's Day and even the day before. I was able to take advantage of going down for coffee at 6am and then eat a late breakfast with the kids at 10:00am when they woke up. The food was standard Embassy fare.

The evening reception was also standard but the service was above par. I suppose if I were to search for possible improvements, I would recommend a different, perhaps expanded reception menu. However,there was very little fault to be found. Even the Starbucks baristas were excellent and accommodating.

I highly recommend this hotel and I look forward to returning!

Room Tip: All rooms are quite good. View is great from higher floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are so pleased to hear about your wonderful experience at our hotel. Thank you for the great review!

I am glad to her that you enjoyed your stay and that Tony was such a star. I will be sure to share your comments with him. I hope you will return soon.
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here two times now for business travel. Last time i was here, I fell out of the shower due to the slippery bathtub. I have NEVER fallen OUT of a shower or tub. Had massive bruises for two weeks. Room, at that time, was not very clean, namely the towels which were stained and the carpet had food on it. Complained at the front desk when I left, but nothing came of it. I was very specific about problems in the room. Still paid full price.
This time ( 4 months later) I return. I see upon entering my room that someone has sat on the bed and left a huge wrinkle, leaving me to wonder if the bed was used? Candy wrapper on the floor of bedroom, HAIR in the refrigerator, someone else's open bottle of water in the refrigerator as well, several areas of green shaving cream on the walls of the shower and the shower curtain (could be wiped off EASILY), hair on the towel, and dusty lamps.
I am sitting here freezing because the heat says it is on 75 but is blowing COLD air.
I will say that the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse downstairs is excellent. Called them for room service and the gentleman who took my order was fantastic. The gentleman who brought the food to my room was very nice as well. Food was GREAT--hot, as ordered, and was plentiful. Can't get over the size of the slice of chocolate mousse cake I had for dessert. NEVER seen a dessert that big.
Will not be back, though. Not clean enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Diamondmember72
embassy_suites_hvill, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I was extremely disappointed to hear that our carpet and towels were not clean. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have a clean and comfortable stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
X
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Updating my April 2012 review. We had a good stay. The best value for me is the location next to the civic center. The 10th floor view was so much better than the second floor that I had before and we were near the elevator. Had a quiet rest. Beds were not that comfortable. The sleeper sofa was very uncomfortable, so do not plan to use that for other than sitting. Furnishings are drab. Staff were pleasant enough except for the person who took breakfast tickets and could not look at or say good morning to anyone. She needs training as I do not think she means any harm at all. Breakfast was ok. There are not enough carts for luggage so grab one early. The shower was annoyingly regulated so as not to be able to get a nice shower. lighting was acceptable as well as A/c ; however there was only one control for the two rooms. Try to get there early enough for a park outside rather than in the isolated feeling underground garage. Paying for a park was not a plus, but seemingly unavoidable considering the location close to events. I would stay here again because of location and a true suite, but I will be shopping around mainly because the rooms need updating, and the uncomfortable beds. I would not stay here if i were traveling alone and did not require a suite. Also I did not mention that the pillows were smelly. That is very rare these days, so they need to just fix that and invest in the rooms.

Room Tip: 10th floor better than the second for view, but I would not want to be this far up if the hotel were...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
embassy_suites_hvill, Manager at Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am thrilled that you gave us a 2nd chance however I am sorry that things were not up to our Embassy standards! I have shown your response to our General Manager as well as Maintenance in hopes that we can make your next stay, as well as others, more comfortable.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend because I was seeing a concert at the Von Braun Center, which is conveniently connected to this hotel. I enjoy staying at Embassy Suites because the rooms are spacious, clean and in general the hotels are very nice. I do wish the Wifi was free, but whatever.

The price was great: just slightly over $100 AAA rate, with taxes and fees and all of that jazz.

Like I said, this one is literally connected to the Von Braun Center, so if you're seeing a show or going to a game there, this is fantastic, especially for people like myself who flew in and didn't have access to a car.

Check-in was quick and easy, and the front desk staff was very friendly and cordial!

There aren't very many restaurants in the area, but there is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the hotel. I didn't eat there, so I'll reserve judgment on that. There's also breakfast, but I didn't partake.

The hotel does have an airport shuttle, but you have to call the hotel from the airport and arrange for it to pick you up. I was impatient so I just hopped in a cab, which was $25 from the airport to the hotel. You also need to arrange with the front desk to have the shuttle take you back to the airport when you leave. I did arrange that with the front desk the night before and it was quite easy. The shuttle was there when I needed it to be, the driver was very friendly and nice, and the drive there was quick and easy.

The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was very comfortable. It was also very quiet. I got a very good night sleep. The shower pressure was also very good.

It was a great stay, until I went to check-out. As I walked through the room one last time to make sure I had all of my things, I walked into the bathroom and found a cockroach walking around on the wall of the shower! Yikes!!!! I'm glad I found it on check-out and not check-in!!!

All in all, it was a good stay, and I thought the value was fantastic, but I was a little creeped out by the roach. Perhaps the hotel should have an exterminator spray.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank EmLovesCW
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the front desk staff was helpful and friendly. I have shared your comments with the front desk staff as well as the General Manager and I can assure you that what you experienced on checkout is not normal but that we have taken extra measures with our maintenance team to insure that it does not happen again. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way!
RIDGELY
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We travel a lot and always try to stay in a one bedroom suite which this one. Very nice..kind of modern decor. Do NOT pay the extra for the wireless internet however because it is terrible! When you walked out of our room it overlooked the atrium which was very nice...there is a upscale restaurant which I will review under restaurants... and a morning buffet PLUS a cook to order breakfast where you can get omlets or eggs any way you like them which you generally don't find in the hotels. The price for the hotel was around what I normally pay but I like the extra room so it's worth it. All in all this was a nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple