I stayed here this past weekend because I was seeing a concert at the Von Braun Center, which is conveniently connected to this hotel. I enjoy staying at Embassy Suites because the rooms are spacious, clean and in general the hotels are very nice. I do wish the Wifi was free, but whatever.
The price was great: just slightly over $100 AAA rate, with taxes and fees and all of that jazz.
Like I said, this one is literally connected to the Von Braun Center, so if you're seeing a show or going to a game there, this is fantastic, especially for people like myself who flew in and didn't have access to a car.
Check-in was quick and easy, and the front desk staff was very friendly and cordial!
There aren't very many restaurants in the area, but there is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the hotel. I didn't eat there, so I'll reserve judgment on that. There's also breakfast, but I didn't partake.
The hotel does have an airport shuttle, but you have to call the hotel from the airport and arrange for it to pick you up. I was impatient so I just hopped in a cab, which was $25 from the airport to the hotel. You also need to arrange with the front desk to have the shuttle take you back to the airport when you leave. I did arrange that with the front desk the night before and it was quite easy. The shuttle was there when I needed it to be, the driver was very friendly and nice, and the drive there was quick and easy.
The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was very comfortable. It was also very quiet. I got a very good night sleep. The shower pressure was also very good.
It was a great stay, until I went to check-out. As I walked through the room one last time to make sure I had all of my things, I walked into the bathroom and found a cockroach walking around on the wall of the shower! Yikes!!!! I'm glad I found it on check-out and not check-in!!!
All in all, it was a good stay, and I thought the value was fantastic, but I was a little creeped out by the roach. Perhaps the hotel should have an exterminator spray.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Huntsville- Hotel & Spa is connected to the Von Braun center via a Skybridge. Enjoy the convenience of being downtown near the Huntsville Museum of Art and Big Spring Park. Relax at Spa Botanica, our on-site spa or dine in our award-winning restaurant, Ruth's Chris. Book your stay now for a wonderful Huntsville, AL hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Huntsville Hotel Huntsville
- Huntsville Embassy Suites