“Nice property but run by people who don't care :(”

Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We spent the extra money to stay at an Embassy Suites for this particular weekend. We weren't familiar with the area, and with other hotel chains you're never quite sure what you'll get. And it is a nice hotel, but it's next to a park where they hold special events. The afternoon we checked in they happened to be having a Jamfest with VERY loud music. I had a migraine that day, and all I wanted to do was to get to the hotel and lay down. My husband explained that we would like a room on the other side of the property and the person who checked us in said he'd do his best. We ended up on the 8th floor overlooking the stage. We had to practically yell to talk to each other inside of our room. Absolutely ridiculous. We called down and explained that we really need to be moved, but he said there was nothing he could do. We talked to three different people. Nothing was ever done. So moral of this story: Check with the front desk and ask about any events that may be going on BEFORE BOOKING. Otherwise, you may be paying extra for a nice hotel that you can't enjoy.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank hnewheels

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The Embassy Suites in Huntsville is a good hotel, that is made even better by the individuals who work there. The hospitality is great - everyone is so friendly, from the managers, to the shoe shiner, to the omelet lady. The complimentary breakfast and manager's reception make it a good value. I do however, think the hotel should reconsider charging for parking and internet access.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank shebuck
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Huntsville for three nights in September for business on Redstone Arsenal. The hotel's exterior is very plain, so I was very surprised when I walked in to see a really nice interior. The decor of the lobby, restaurant, pool area, and room was very much better than I had expected. The room was a two room suite with two double beds in the bedroom (a single king cost extra). The wet bar area had a sink, minifrig, and a microwave. The livingroom had a small couch, a chair, TV, and dining set. The bed room had another TV, a desk, the two beds, and a closet.

My main complaints are the fees that made the hotel seem very cheap. They charged over $5/day for parking. I could understand in D.C. or New York, but charging for parking in Huntsville is absurd. More upsetting was the charge for internet. It was over $11/day to use internet in the room. I will definitely be staying somewhere else on my next trip to Huntsville.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank shockwave7_7
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We have stayed at this property on more than one occasion and have been happy with the hotel each time. The rooms are very clean. The indoor pool and hot tub are clean and enjoyable. The chef who prepares the morning omelettes is awesome.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I chose this hotel because I was taking a class at the hospital. The staff were friendly but it took 3 tries to get a room key that worked. That was the only snafu. The breakfast was nice, I didn't try the pm cocktails. The ruths chris was great as usual. Price a little high but my company reimburses me. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Very nice hotel, great location for events at Von Braun Center. Comfortable and spacious. However guest services was awful. I had no cable tv in my room called several times and phone was not answered. Went to lobby and was told they were too busy to answer the phone. Never received a response to my request-called again-no answer first few calls then asked if I had checked the connection. Repeated request for service. Never came. Called again. Did finally get maintenance-said tv was fixed, but it was not when I went to watch it. I gave up and read a book.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jelyz
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was a business trip for me and wasn't sure what to expect when I made this booking. I arrived to numerous attentive hotel personnel who directed me to check in and helped me with my bags. Check in was quick and painless. I was presented with a free breakfast coupon for the duration of my stay.

The room appeared dark at first as it is a two room suite and the window to the outside is on the bedroom side of the suite and was closed. I then saw there was a front room window that looks out into the atrium. I opened those blinds and opened the bedroom blinds. Light then shone into the room.

I was treated to a nice cozy two room suite, with a large television, couch to sit on, reading chair next to the couch, and a business table with wired internet jack (internet fee is $9.95/night and very fast). Between the sitting room and the bedroom is a very spacious bathroom. Across from the bathroom door is a room sink with adjoining counter space for the pod-coffee maker and a fridge. I loved this set up.

The bedroom I had received had a King size bed and yet another television overlooking the bed on the bureau for my clothing. There was yet another table in there for sitting at. The bed was too soft for my liking, but I learned to live with it.

Breakfasts in the morning were absolutely well done. I've stayed at many places where the complimentary breakfasts consisted of dry bagels, bagged cereal, and bad coffee. The Embassy had made to order eggs, breakfast meats, and waffles. In addition to that there were multiple breads, yogurts, and fruits. The coffee was very good.

If I had one con to the room it was the water. I one of those who is not adverse to drinking hotel room water. This faucet water though was the pits and tasted like a bitter chemical had been added. Perhaps this is all of Huntsville. Perhaps it's just the hotel.

All in all, the staff here was great and very attentive to my every need. The room is especially spacious and very well laid out. A perfect home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business