“Good Experience”

Rosie's Mexican Cantina
Ranked #3 of 626 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Short wait.

Attentive service.

Good food. Not the absolute best, but good.

Very good desserts.

Good atmosphere.

We'd certainly go back.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

First, the service I received was excellent, from the greeter to the waiter and the servers, everyone was prompt, courteous helpful and friendly.

Chips and salsa - both were fresh, nice tomato-ey salsa, above average.

I had a large XX beer. Really Large, good.

I only ordered one entree - the Chili Relleno. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

When it arrived, I was almost startled at the size. It was easily the largest pablano chile asked the waiter, "Are you guys nuclear irradiating your vegetables now?" which he didn't understand.

It was late, I was hungry, had drank half my beer, so I dug in.

The crust of this monster started to explain the size. It appeared to be a corn/flower/egg wet dip, not uncommon, but it had cooked up around the pepper as a cornbread-looking shell. It wasn't bad, but it was not quite done enough... more mushy that crusty - and added a layer of bulk to the beast of a Capsicum annuum. I actually had doubts about the pepper, but the taste was there, definitely a Plentiful Poblano.

I started at the tip, the narrow part and opened it. After I tasted and pretty much ignored the crust, the cheese and meat stuffing was pretty good. A bit greasy, but spicy as you'd expect. As I worked my way up toward the stem of the pepper, the toughness of such a large pepper showed and I just couldn't eat it. About half the huge, tough pepper was wasted - it was inedible.

I should have spoken up... but everyone was so nice, it was late and I was tired. I drank my beer, ate some more chips and salsa, left a nice tip for such an inexpensive meal and went back to my hotel.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

As usual. Simply good. Nice margarina's and excellent fajita's, what else can I say. Just the place to be

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had the Mexican salad - wow so much good food and so tasty. Good atmosphere, fast and efficient service and all round good Mexican food . Well worth a visit

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Neat courtyard area. Lots of seating inside. Dipped a chip in the hot salsa by accident and all of our mouths were on fire. Everyone's food look yummy. I made the mistake of getting hard tacos (assuming they were going to be fried) and they were in a crispy shell you get at taco bell...not that impressed with mine but the seasoning was good. Try something out of the ordinary and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. We were dining with Huntsville natives and they love this place!