“Mexican atmosphere”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Huntsville, Alabama
“Mexican atmosphere”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

You enter and you feel at home - in Mexico that is! As we had lived in El Paso for several years we instantly fell in love with the decoration. We had the buffet for lunch and it has all what you expect and a bit more. The guacamole was tasty and I just loved the tamales. But see for yourself and take a trip to Mexico in Huntsville!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gingi58

“love this place!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Do not get the buffet and judge it by that, the buffet sucks.order something fresh off the menu and you will not be disappointed! Its so cheap and plentiful and freakin tastes amazing and fresh!

1 Thank jennifer f
South Carolina
“Mexican buffet....”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stopped in and had the buffet.
I am not a big buffet person but here everything is clean and you tell the young lady behind the counter what you want and she fills your plate.
Ordering off the menu is available but the items on the buffet looked really good and there is a decent assortment,chili rellenos (sp),tacos,burritos,­fajitas,tamales etc...
I sampled beef tacos,chicken relleno,enchiladas and beans and rice,everything on my HUGE plate was tasty.
The starter chips and salsa were ok as well.

$10 which included drink was very reasonable imo.
The staff were very friendly and attentive.

There is a full bar but I did not partake in any refreshments.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank CarolinaCoopers
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Great Mexican Food, Great Service, Perfect Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This family owned restaurant has been servicing Huntsville for over 15 years. The food is very authentic considering the entire staff is in the same Mexican family. They serve great food at great prices and care about their customers. Keep in mind that every Italian mother makes spaghetti sauce different and every Mexican mother makes salsa different. There salsa is my favorite of al time and I know for certain it is not from a can. I encourage you ask them to bring out some fresh salsa verde (green sauce) and pico de gallo from the kitchen to accent your meal. While the food on the buffet is great, it is prepared with the idea that it wil be on dispay and served from the buffet line and therefore the items do not equate to wheat you get when you order the item directly from the kitchen. Meaning if you want to critique ther Fajitas then order them from the kitchen and not from the buffet line. My personal favorites are the "Burrito la Alameda" and the "Machaca con Huevos" ("Shredded with Eggs"). This is a dish which consists of shredded dry beef that is scrambled with eggs and fried potatoes. The entre is served with your choice of tortilla to wrap or pinch up the mix with. Beans and mexican rice are served on the side. ¡buen provecho (bon appetit!)

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank timjencar
Huntsville, Alabama
“For my first visit to La Alameda Mexican restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I had checked the reviews before coming. So I wasn't sure what to expect. When we arrived we were greeted with a smile and immediately shown to our table he even gave us a choice of booth or table. We had brought our children with us.

We ate from the buffet , the buffet server was so very friendly, he even explained what every dish was. He smile laughed with my children, as he showed paitence with them while they made up their minds on thenumerous dishes.

When they were finished and were handed their plates, my 8 year old remarked they are so nice here ( Out of the mouth of babes). My food was good hot and fresh. The one that attended to our table kept our glasses filled, and our buffet plates wee never on our table too long . Someone was quick to pick up the dirty ones. Other servers came by our table and asked if we needed anything as well, even talking to our children.

The check came at the end and it was so reasonably even for a family of four. I will be back. Their health score was even high. My husband loves mexican food, and I italian, but I did enjoy my experience at La Alameda. Give it a try, I did and I'm glad I did. We will be back.

• Visited January 2012