“Decent jambalaya and chicken”

J. Gumbo's Huntsville
Ranked #379 of 594 Restaurants in Huntsville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
north_alabama
“Decent jambalaya and chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We actually got our meals as take out dining. I ordered the jambalaya and the wife the burbon street chicken. We also ordered the Black and Ble dip with chips and a order of bread pudding and a brownie. The wife picked up the order which she said was ready fairly quick. My jamabalya was good and she said her chciken also was good. Nothing outstanding though. The black and bleu dip was good as well. The bread pudding was average as was the brownie. I prefer the jamblaya from Tim's Cajun Kitchen compared toi J Gumbo's but since it was take out it may have been better eating in at the restaurant. I would have no problems returning as overall it was decent and good but average.

• Visited January 2014

Athens, Alabama
“She-Thumb Up, Me-Thumb Down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

A split decision on this Cajun themed restaurant which is a chain outlet. She got an all vegetable stew served on a mound of rice with bread and liked it. I got a shrimp etouffee again on a mound of rice with bread and didn't really care for it. Mine was spicy but consisted of mostly the rice and a gravy/sauce with a few small to medium sized shrimp. I also didn't appreciate the bread being partially immersed in the bowl. It is a relatively inexpensive way to get full as most dishes are only $6.95. The coffee I got with the meal was quite good and strong. Very helpful staff that offers you samples of whatever you wish, I should have tasted before ordering. Most dishes are chicken based. Nice, clean & well decorated new place.

• Visited December 2013