“Great Service and Food”

Landry's Seafood House
Ranked #86 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Service and Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The bartenders David and Anthony were great. Ate there twice and the food and service was outstanding.

Visited August 2014

Tacoma, Washington
“What a waste of money! Never again.”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were looking for a more "higher-end" type place to enjoy a special anniversary lunch. We knew Landry's was expensive, but we'd never been there and assumed the price we paid would be commensurate with the food and service. Wrong!

We sat at the bar and were the only patrons for quite awhile. First of all, we were asked if we wanted to start a tab and of course, we said yes because we're having lunch there. So we get our credit card swiped out of that. I just find that odd at a higher-end restaurant. (Do they have patrons who leave without paying their bill???)

Our scruffy looking, pony-tailed bartender spoke in such a rush that we barely heard a word he said. He was the only one behind the bar and while he was also taking care of 2 to 3 other tables within the bar area. And of course, we understand that he pours adult beverages for the entire floor. But honestly, it was before noon on a Sunday when most Southern folks are still in church, so there really weren't a whole lot of people at this establishment. Regardless, the bartender was quite obviously flustered and overwhelmed. He would greet each incoming patron, "Hello, welcome to Landry's" - which is great - but then when one of the patrons said, "Fine, how are you?" He was met with "Just so busy. Busy, busy, busy!" He also made comments to the serving staff that were less than polite, right within earshot of us. I just hate it when I hear a server/bartender complain like that. We don't need to know if you're unhappy with your job. Especially at a supposedly high-end restaurant like this.

We ordered from the lunch menu that was placed before us. While the food was decent, it definitely was not worth what we paid. Our glasses went empty for too long (which for us is a deal-killer, we pretty much never return to the place)...our finished salad and bread plates sat pushed to the end of the bar the entire meal ("take me!"). I asked for a box for the rest of my lunch and had to spoon it in to the box myself. I'm not high-maintenance, but at a place of this caliber and expense, shouldn't your server do it for you?

Then our bill was incorrect. Our main courses were each supposed to be $16.95, and our bill indicated $23.95 and $18.95. Apparently we were charged for the dinner portions (I don't know how this could happen at noon?!). Then the bartender makes up some excuse that they just changed over from serving dinner at lunch time, to this new lunch menu, so he's used to ringing in the dinner price??? Like Landry's has never served lunch!? Come on. He was hoping we wouldn't notice and we busted him.

Then, it took a pretty long time to get our corrected check. Well, I take that back - we never DID get a corrected check, only the credit card receipt to sign. By that point, we had been at the restaurant for almost 2 hours, so I just went with it without asking for a detailed receipt.

This was honestly the poorest experience we've ever had at this type of caliber restaurant. So to make up for it, we went out the next day to a similar higher-end chain restaurant and had THE best experience. We found ourselves giggling every time we were doted on, thanked, plates cleaned, drinks refilled before they were empty - they couldn't do enough for us. Now THAT is how Landry's should be - shame on them for not. We definitely won't be back - there are far too many options in Huntsville that offer so much better.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank azgkrudi
Huntsville, Alabama
“Better service, poor food-again”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The primary ingredient of the seafood gumbo seemed to be salt. It took 2 Cokes to get down half a bowl of gumbo, I sent the rest back to the kitchen.

Service was much better than on previous visits. I only came back this time for a business meeting. I came in on a walker doe to a motor vehicle collision and surgery, and two people held doors open for me. I was seated immediately. The server was generally attentive, but when my second glass of Coke ran empty,

Looking for good seafood? Look somewhere else.

• Visited June 2014
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Poor training and average food”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We decided to try Landry's while in Huntsville with a group. We had two large tables, but the remainder of the restaurant was fairly quiet. The service was slow and the food came out cold. This is a large restaurant, but the management explained that it was challenging for their kitchen to serve a table of 14 (we weren't asking for both tables simultaneously). This excuse is unacceptable, as clearly they would have to do much more if the restaurant as a whole is busy. Throughout the meal, dirty dishes were allowed to pile up on our table, and the restaurant didn't react when concerns were shared about speed of service. The food was average. Ham fisted on the sauces and fryer.

• Visited May 2014
Ozark, Alabama
“Delicious seafood, relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had my first visit to this Landry's. The hostess greeted us warmly and asked our seating preference instead of just taking us to a table of their choice. Our server was prompt and pleasant. As soon as she had taken our order, she brought some delicious bread to our table. Even though it was a busy day (Mother's Day), the food was served quickly. I had the tilapia and it was fantastic.
I recommend this restaurant for good food and good service.

Visited May 2014