“Delicious seafood, relaxing atmosphere”

Landry's Seafood House
Ranked #95 of 601 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ozark, Alabama
“Delicious seafood, relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had my first visit to this Landry's. The hostess greeted us warmly and asked our seating preference instead of just taking us to a table of their choice. Our server was prompt and pleasant. As soon as she had taken our order, she brought some delicious bread to our table. Even though it was a busy day (Mother's Day), the food was served quickly. I had the tilapia and it was fantastic.
I recommend this restaurant for good food and good service.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Melissa B

Huntsville, Alabama
“Great experience and food!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I ate here in the last couple days. The price was a little high but I think that's to be expected at a seafood restaurant. The restaurant was clean and nice in decor. We were seated quickly and taken care of through out the night. The food arrived in a timely manner and was cooked exactly how we wanted it. The server was attentive and took care of all our needs. The manager that came by was nice and friendly. She was professional as was our entire experience there. We will definitely be back again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank James L
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I had heard good things about Landry's and was excited to try it while in Huntsville. I was not impressed at all. First of all, we were there at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon and had terrible service even though the restaurant was practically empty. Took forever to get a server to come over to our table, took forever to get drinks, took forever to get anything! The food was ok. I had a shrimp po boy but it was nothing special. That seemed to be true of most of the food - not bad but not great either. After seeing some of the other restaurants in town, I wished we had gone elsewhere.

Visited February 2014
Madison, Alabama
“Unique Seafood Entrees”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Found this place due to it's visibility when passing by on the highway. It's very pretty to look at and I rather enjoy the decor inside and out. We had an early dinner here on a Sunday night in February a few days after the Valentine's Day crowds. Without reservations we were immediately seated at about 5 pm. They claim their menu's are printed daily on their website which is where we found out I was wrong about believing there was some kind of connection with this chain of restaurants and famous "Coach Landry." Anyway, the staff is full of quiet professionals. Our server Dave was a man of few words but he did everything right and attentively brought full glasses of tea before we could want for it. Though the decor was pleasing I found myself a bit bored and lost myself online in my iPhone, as did my wife. For $11.99 our Cilantro Lime Shrimp showed up to add some appetizer flair, unfortunately it was no longer hot. Probably would have really been exceptional had it come strait from the kitchen...unless it's meant to be served at that temperature in which case this is an example of me being a guy who knows what he likes which isn't exactly aligned with "fine dining." I gotta say the same thing about the salad that soon followed, though the timing of it's delivery felt perfect...the salad seemed a bit warm for my tastes. The dressing was exceptional, some kind of honey mustard vinaigrette that really agreed with me. We both had iced tea, mine sweet and hers not. I thought mine was too sweet but not so much that I didn't finish off 3 glasses. The price for our teas came to $6.50 for the pair. Again perfectly timed, our entrees arrived 2 minutes or so after I finished off the salad. My old lady had the Coastal Seafood Pasta that was truly loaded with seafood, she couldn't finish it. I tried hers and was again disappointed in the temperature, it instantly turned me off to her entree. Mine on the other hand came out hot. I had a unique special called the Creole Mahi Mahi which is of course the fish served grilled on top of flavorful sausage spiked grits in a pool of chunky red sauce that had a nice spicy kick. I liked my entree enough that I'd enjoy it again given the opportunity. My entree was $22.99, hers was 18.99. After tax our total came to $65.31. Everything on the dessert cart looked okay but their banana's foster looked amazing...wish we had room for it but alas no. So, my thoughts are that I'm glad we went but it wasn't amazing enough to bring us back for another trip. If we are invited to return, we will but we won't be making any special trips for it like this dinner was. If you have never been to a Landry's, I recommend trying this one out and seeing if it's for you even though it's not on my Huntsville top 20 list.

• Visited February 2014
Columbus, OH
“Good Food, Many Menu Options”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were looking for something lighter for a late evening meal. Landry's was located next to the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville/Space Center; it seemed a logical choice to try. The crab cake appetizer was especially good. A bit pricey, but the flavor helped you forget it cost you $12.00.

Visited February 2014