“clean and affordable”

Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
anaheim
“clean and affordable”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I was pleased with our stay at the hotel. It is close to the space center and also many restaurants. The staff was very helpful especially with directions and restaurant selections.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank miboth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We booked directly through this hotel because we wanted to be sure and get specific room types. Our party needed 2 rooms for 2 nights. We asked if a King had a pullout for 2 kids under 10. The other room was delivered as promised a double queen. We were told yes and booked in good faith. Upon arrival, the pullout turns out to be a single bed (certainly not the norm) - No problem I think - surely the hotel staff will give us a roll-away to make up for the misunderstanding. Turns out that the night shift attendant is not empowered to make a $10 decision to comp a roll away even though the hotel staff made the original reservation knowing we had 4 people in the room. The attendant also was afraid to call her manager to help resolve the problem. I was told that I could go ahead and pay the $10/night and then ask the manager in the morning to give it back to me or I could switch to a room with 2 beds. Best Western - Please empower your employees to make a $10 decision and keep customer satisfaction in mind vs. trying to make an extra buck. This girl was literally afraid for her job because I wanted the roll-away without a charge. I certainly wouldn't work for a place where I couldn't make a $10 decision in favor of a satisfied customer. Everything else was OK - hotel is a few miles from the space center, safe neighborhood, restaurants nearby, and decent breakfast bar in the mornings. A king bed would have been more comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mimarti
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Hi,

I am sorry to respond to your review so late as I am a new manager of the hotel as of this month. I would like to apologize for the inconvinence you experienced with our hotel during you visit in August. I would like to invite you to give us another try under our new management to make your stay a pleasant and memorable one. I would like to offer you a gift card to a local restaurant that is one of Huntsville's best. I would see personally that your accommodations are excellent and the service is of the utmost. I would be happy to hear from you on your other thoughts and concerns and hope to hear from you soon.

Kru Patel
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in lately. We had warm cookies in the lobby; the room was spacious and very clean and had a frig. The desk clerk was extremely nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank PaulGPennsylvania
PA
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We were treated like honored guests from the moment we arrived. We spent time in the nice clean pool and the man at the front desk came out to the pool to let us know when the fresh baked cookies came out of the oven so we could get them while they were hot. The breakfast in the morning included bacon, eggs, bagels, juice and fresh fruit. Overall, we had a great stay. We were picking up my son from space camp and it was a nice hotel after a long drive.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank writersblock42
San Francisco
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I admit ratings perplex me. The same restaurants and hotels will get both great and horrible ratings by people. Even given individual subjective tastes it is amazing how 2 people will differ on something identical. For that reason I try to be a bit more descriptive in talking about my experience so that each person can draw their own conclusions.

The rooms here are larger than typical. There was a sleeping area (king-size bed) with flat screen tv separated from the sitting area, which contained a love seat, coffee table and desk. These two areas were very satisfactory for me, especially given the price of the hotel- an 'A'. As large as these two areas were, however, the bathroom area was small. The sink is separated from the toilet/shower and both areas are tight. For me, it was not good. Someone mentioned the bathroom light as being dim and I found this the case with my room also- grade D-.

Also note that there is no thermostat in the room- the ac/heater is one of those with the adjustable hot/cool dials on it, so you have to guess where to place the needle. Overall the size of the sleeping/sitting area is very good but the overall grade of the room is a C-.
That is, until I get to the bed....

But by far the worse aspect of the room is the bed. As some have mentioned, the mattress is horrible- by far the worse i have ever tried to sleep on. I am not a fussy person as to what kind of surface I sleep on, but the mattress here was as limp as a 20 minute noodle. I was tempted to drape my legs over the love seat it was so bad. grade-F

I dont understand how people could say the breakfast was good. The room is very small- only 5 tables! It is so small that they cant fit the coffee in it- it is outside and down the lobby near the front desk. When I ate there the only hot food available was waffles- no eggs or anything else hot. Some cereal, donuts bread and yogurt rounded out the breakfast. Wasnt expecting a buffet at a place like this but was certainly expecting more. And not in such a dingy room. grade- F

If u have kids, are on a tight budget, dont have high expectations, and like sleeping on soggy noodles, then this is ok. Otherwise I would stay away. Note- I have read about the rude staff- I didnt find that. In fact they were nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Victoria
Reviewed March 14, 2010

The location of this hotel is great, close to research park, and shopping. Newer hotel with a nice fitness room. The breakfast selection is extensive, a combination of hot and cold foods, waffles, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and suprisingly, lots of low fat options, like Kashi Cereals and Yougurts. Fitness room is great. Only downside for me, is the bed is way too soft.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
tx
Reviewed October 26, 2009

The front desk personnel were terrible not at all heplful. Rude most the time. (day shift) The feel of the whole place was just not pleasant. Go to the Comfort Inn next door.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family