“Nice Hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

I was very skeptical of staying at a Best Western. I was in town on business and needed a hotel close to Marshall Space Flight Center. Most of the ones that I have stayed at were not clean. This hotel was nice. The staff was friendly. The hotel is very close to some amazing restaurants and shopping. Rosie's Mexican Cantina being right in front was a huge plus. The shopping in the area is great...especially Bridge Street. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was a moment when another hotel guest became loud and unruly outside my door in the hallway and the girl at the front desk took care of the problem as soon as I called her. Very helpful!

I will stay here again when I'm in the area.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Jlellis1
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
To Business Traveler,

Providing superior customer service is our main goal but not the only one. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you again. I agree, Bridge Street is awesome since it has everything from shopping to dining to entertainment in one stop. We hope to see you soon.

Kru Patel and the Rocket City Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My family and I went out to visit UAH and was concerned about Best Westerns. This place was 100% great! Great beds, Huge flat screens, huge breakfast selection. Many pillows, candy on bed. It felt like a 4 star! I will stay here again. I got this place through hotwire and was concerned about it even being a 3 star. It turned out to be better than most Hyatt's, Holiday inns, Doubletrees, and Courtyards I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Great German Restaurants in the area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Davis B
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
To Traveling Guest,

It was a pleasure to accommodate you and your family needs at our facility. We do have a few German restaurants and I agree with you that they are great. I still have yet to pick one as my favorite. The walking distance to many others right out the door is very convenient especially for when guests are not too familiar with the area. We hope to see you again soon on your future visits to Huntsville and the UAH campus.

Kru Patel and the Rocket City Staff
Stacy, Minnesota
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed two nights in January. The second floor room was too warm when we arrived but the AC made it comfortable. Room was clean, probably the best best western we have stayed at. Location had several restaurants nearby. Also close enough to Space Center, which was excellent. The Bridge street mall was nearby and very nice, if you like upscale shops to browse.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charger1970rt
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Valued Guest,

Being in close proximity to many things is always a convenience when traveling to different places. We do appriciate your feedback as it helps us to improve and serve every guest in our hotel as a family member. I do agree, the Bridgestreet mall is upper scale but it's like a one stop shop for everything from shopping to eating to entertainment. We hope to see you again soon when you're back in town.

Rocket City Staff
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I was in Huntsville for a business trip. The flat screen TV, fridge, microwave and breakfast were great!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rhonda S
To Business Traveler

Thank you for choosing us as your "suite" choice for your lodging needs. Being able to relax in a spacious room is always a good thing especially when it feels like home. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Rocket City Staff
Cleveland
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The culprit here is Hotwire, the blind-bid hotel website that promised me a three-and-a-half star hotel in Huntsville, Alabama, proper, for prices not available on regular see-what-you're-getting hotel websites.

Hotwire failed on two counts:

First, I had a good idea about the genuine three-and-a-half star hotels in Huntsville (not Greater Huntsville). They include Marriott and Embassy Suites ... but a Best Western?

This one is technically in Huntsville, but really teetering on the northwest border. It's a solid suburban roadside hotel, but nothing more, even though it has that new appellation of "Best Western PLUS," as opposed to simply "Best Western." It even has flat-screen TVs, albeit no hi-def channels to make use of it.

I guess there seems to be some school of thought that if the rooms have a few three-and-a-half star hotel niceties, it must indeed be a three-and-a-half star hotel. Nope.

Three-and-a-half star hotels have bell hops; this did not.

Three-and-a-half star hotels have flexible room-cleaning times; I received a note under my door at around 10:30 a.m. that the room attendant was sorry, but there was a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, so I'd have to call for fresh towels and try to make do with sheets falling off my bed and overflowing trash.

Three-and-a-half star hotels have full restaurants, even limited room service. This one has the free breakfast room -- open until 9 a.m. (but allowing guests a half-hour grace period).

Three-and-a-half star hotels often offer late check-out at around 2 p.m. The late check-out here is noon. As I contemplated my evening plane departure, I shuddered to think what regular check-out would be.

Mind you, I seem to coming off as a Grinch. After all, the hotel staff was efficient and of perfect cheer as they tried to make the hotel the best it can be, especially the room attendant and the woman hosting the full hot breakfasts of pre-made omlettes, bacon or sausages, cereals, pastries, bagels, fresh-made waffles, etc.

I was upgraded to the hotel's two-room jacuzzi suite, which, despite a worn out couch with cigarette holes and a small (but mostly non-functioning) kitchen, was extremely roomy and comfortable. (From what I could see, the regular rooms were roomy and comfortable as well.)

I only wish that Hotwire was more upfront -- which brings me to my second major complaint:

When I realized what hotel I actually booked, I found it listed on an alternate, regular hotel website for about $5 less a night. It specified the exact location it would be (far away from my needs, actually, even though it's nicely surrounded by shopping and restaurants).

Most importantly, it accurately described the establishment as a solid two-and-a-half star hotel.

On those terms and prices, the Best Western Plus Rocket City is a wonderful "find."

Room Tip: If the jacuzzi suite isn't available, the king rooms with a separate sitting area (with fold-out...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank howieeg
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
To valued guest,

I would like to apologize for the confusion that has been caused to you. We are in the process of refreshing some things to update the hotel. I agree that although we may not seem like a three and half star hotel, we do strive to provide the superior customer care that each guest deserves. Being located near all the fine dining and shopping is a good exchange from being in downtown which is only 15 minutes away too. Feedback from guests like you is always appreciated as it reminds us where we need improvement and where we are doing our job right. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kru Patel and the Rocket City Staff!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We were in Huntsviile to visit friends in early November and had booked a room at this hotel.

Locations was good as it was close to everything but far enough off the street to make it a quiet sleep. Room was clean and comfortable. Flat screen TV was great and the fridge came in handy.

The Mrs. used the gym for about 1/2 hour and she was happy with it.

Breakfast was adequate, nothing fancy but it got you started.

It's was a very nice hotel and a super value.

The only fown side and it is minor, may have been the girl at reception. She was nice enough but did seem a bit bored on the job and it showed

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gimili
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
To Traveling Guest,

We are glad you and your wife enjoyed our facility and the amenities. We did change our fitness center around to make it easier to access and function which has been a plus. We always strive to provide superior customer service to all guests so they can have a memorable stay. On the downside, one of our staff member did loose a family member recently which may have been a little hard to concentrate at work for her.

We do hope to see you again on your next visit and we will make sure to have a happier staff awaiting your arrival.

Kru Patel and the Rocket City staff!
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I'm a frequent visitor to this hotel and have never been dissappointed. The staff is courteous and friendly and seem to be genuinely interested in my having a good stay. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the location is quiet. It has free cable and high-speed internet. The fridge and microwave are nice to have. It's within easy walking distance of several good restaurants with cuisine ranging from quality German, Japanese, Mexican, and Steak/seafood, to several fast food chain restaurants. Easy access to a main traffic artery puts you in the direction of your purpose for being in Huntsville within minutes. The breakfast choices are adequate. I've stayed in more expensive hotels with more amenities, but this one is a good value for the money and I always get the good night's rest I need to start the next day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
To our Consistent Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your continued great experience with our hotel. Whether you are coming in from your workout or just grabbing a freshly baked cookie in the lobby, you always bring a smile to our faces. We know we work hard to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and reviews like yours reminds us that we are doing a great job. Thank you so much and we will see you again soon.

Kru Patel and the Rocket City Staff!