“We have lift off”

Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Fort Rucker, Alabama
“We have lift off”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I'm a frequent visitor to this hotel and have never been dissappointed. The staff is courteous and friendly and seem to be genuinely interested in my having a good stay. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the location is quiet. It has free cable and high-speed internet. The fridge and microwave are nice to have. It's within easy walking distance of several good restaurants with cuisine ranging from quality German, Japanese, Mexican, and Steak/seafood, to several fast food chain restaurants. Easy access to a main traffic artery puts you in the direction of your purpose for being in Huntsville within minutes. The breakfast choices are adequate. I've stayed in more expensive hotels with more amenities, but this one is a good value for the money and I always get the good night's rest I need to start the next day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
To our Consistent Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your continued great experience with our hotel. Whether you are coming in from your workout or just grabbing a freshly baked cookie in the lobby, you always bring a smile to our faces. We know we work hard to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and reviews like yours reminds us that we are doing a great job. Thank you so much and we will see you again soon.

Kru Patel and the Rocket City Staff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We secured a reservation for our mission group to stay at this hotel because it seemed to be a very positive management-client relationship. Unfortunately the April tornados happened and our trip was drastically re-shaped. Knowing that the Huntsville area had been devastated by the storms I called the national reservation number to consult about the status of the hotel. (Since I could not get ahold of the hotel directly!) During the conversation part of my reservation was located and I had the whole thing cancelled. Thinking that this was a done deal I did not focus any effort on following up on that cancellation. While traveling with our mission group I recieved a phone call from this property wanting to know where our group was? I explained what you just read. The young lady (who was very amiable) said she would give the information to her manager who would wait to hear from me AFTER I had arrived home many days later. Imagine my suprise when I check my credit card and found a charge (and not a small one) from this hotel. We certainly did not wait to speak with me "the customer". We just charged when we could. Since this seems to be the way that Best Western corporate does business, they have done the last 4 figure business with this "custormer".

If you are smart check any Best Western and particularly this one for improper, inaccurate, or any fictional charges. This person is DONE!!!!! with Best Western permanently.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Beach8Illinois
Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The room was large, there is an elevator. A nice large flat screen tv, mints on the bed. There is a restaurant within walking distance and a Wal-Mart close by. Nice size fridge and freezer, microwave, with a shelf on top for kettle and even a wall plug right there. There are lots of plugs in the room, Two bedside tables. There is a large computer desk – but I cannot see TV while sitting at the desk working on my laptop. Bathroom is average size. The fan is noisy and comes on with the light.. The sink is outside bathroom which I like. Nice sofa with two end tables and a coffee table. There is a guest laundry. A separate breakfast room and tea and coffee all day in lobby + fresh cookies. Stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill M
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do agree, having the sink separate from the bathroom is very convinent. With the amenities offered and the location of the hotel, convinence for our guest in on our minds to make your stay with us the most enjoyable. We do look forward to having you stay with us when you down in the Huntsville area and I assure you, we won't miss a beat on our great customer service.

Traer, Iowa
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Visually appealling. Courteous staff. Rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We are glad that you had a good nights rest at our hotel. All of our beds are custome made with a pillowtop already on the inside of the matteress for an extra soft and comfortable feel. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Huntsville, AL.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Picked this place at the last minute. We had been at the Space Museum and decided to stay the night before heading home. They only had two rooms left, one a smoking room(unexceptable) and the other a suit. the lady behind the counter was able to place a person that she know would prefer a smoking room and gave us the non-smoking room.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank medic1644
We are glad that you decided to lay your head to rest after a long day at the Space and Rocket Center. Our goal is to provide superior customer service to all our guests. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and do come back and stay with us again on your next visit to Huntsville, AL.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 15, 2011

After being assured that the king suite (the only room left) would work for us since the smallest of 3 kids would share the bed with us, we were dismayed to find that the sofa bed was smaller than a twin. When I returned to the front desk to ask if we could have a roll-away for the other child, I was told it would be $10 extra. So dirty that we would have left except we didn't know if we could find another room and it was already 10 p.m. Teenage girls sitting in the hallways kept me awake until after 12; noise above woke us all by 7. No internet except sitting on the edge of the tub. Feet stuck to sandals after walking around on their floor. Skipped their breakfast for obvious reasons.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mommaonthemove
Long Beach, California
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Room was large, had a nice office area with LAN internet connection. Very clean and new. Great location, good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business