“Beds were extremely uncomfortable...”

Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The hotel was ok...except for the beds. The beds were very soft and unsupportive. Our children age 5 and 9 could not sleep in the same bed because they kept rolling towards each other in the center...so my 9 year old had to sleep on the floor. My husband hada to literally sleep in the center of our bed and I slept propped on him. It's too bad too because the breakfast, location, and service was great. Won't be able to stay there again....

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Williby20

Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed one night at this Best Western. The hotel was very clean top to bottom. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great. The only two things we were less then thrilled with was both beds in our room were pretty much at the end of their life span. Very soft no support left in either. Both us and the kiddos just sank into them and each other. Our room had a coat closet. that the door would not close on. Otherwise the location was great. One street over to the north behind the hotel is a movie theater that was $1. Great shopping and places to eat all around the hotel. Hard to beat that for a night out. We enjoyed out stay here and would stay again and just hope for a newer bed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MississippiMatt
Reviewed December 15, 2010

This is our 2nd stay here in 6 months & it was as pleasurable as before. This is a clean facility with a welcoming, helpful staff & a quiet, accessible location near to shopping, dining, etc. The breakfast they serve is exceptional in variety & quantity; Rosie does a GREAT job! The comfortable beds certainly help with a good night of sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grammie2x
bwrocketcity, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Let me start by thanking you for submitting your review of your recent stay at our facility. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure that my staff and I use this information to create the utmost experience for each of our guests. We do hope to see you again when visiting beautiful Huntsville, AL in the future. If we can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 256-837-7412. Again thank you for your review and you have a Happy Holiday season.

Kru Patel

Reviewed November 21, 2010

I was pleased with our stay at the hotel. It is close to the space center and also many restaurants. The staff was very helpful especially with directions and restaurant selections.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank miboth
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We booked directly through this hotel because we wanted to be sure and get specific room types. Our party needed 2 rooms for 2 nights. We asked if a King had a pullout for 2 kids under 10. The other room was delivered as promised a double queen. We were told yes and booked in good faith. Upon arrival, the pullout turns out to be a single bed (certainly not the norm) - No problem I think - surely the hotel staff will give us a roll-away to make up for the misunderstanding. Turns out that the night shift attendant is not empowered to make a $10 decision to comp a roll away even though the hotel staff made the original reservation knowing we had 4 people in the room. The attendant also was afraid to call her manager to help resolve the problem. I was told that I could go ahead and pay the $10/night and then ask the manager in the morning to give it back to me or I could switch to a room with 2 beds. Best Western - Please empower your employees to make a $10 decision and keep customer satisfaction in mind vs. trying to make an extra buck. This girl was literally afraid for her job because I wanted the roll-away without a charge. I certainly wouldn't work for a place where I couldn't make a $10 decision in favor of a satisfied customer. Everything else was OK - hotel is a few miles from the space center, safe neighborhood, restaurants nearby, and decent breakfast bar in the mornings. A king bed would have been more comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mimarti
bwrocketcity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2010

Hi,

I am sorry to respond to your review so late as I am a new manager of the hotel as of this month. I would like to apologize for the inconvinence you experienced with our hotel during you visit in August. I would like to invite you to give us another try under our new management to make your stay a pleasant and memorable one. I would like to offer you a gift card to a local restaurant that is one of Huntsville's best. I would see personally that your accommodations are excellent and the service is of the utmost. I would be happy to hear from you on your other thoughts and concerns and hope to hear from you soon.

Kru Patel

Reviewed July 1, 2010

This was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in lately. We had warm cookies in the lobby; the room was spacious and very clean and had a frig. The desk clerk was extremely nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank PaulGPennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We were treated like honored guests from the moment we arrived. We spent time in the nice clean pool and the man at the front desk came out to the pool to let us know when the fresh baked cookies came out of the oven so we could get them while they were hot. The breakfast in the morning included bacon, eggs, bagels, juice and fresh fruit. Overall, we had a great stay. We were picking up my son from space camp and it was a nice hotel after a long drive.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family