“No pleasure taken”
Review of The Bottle

The Bottle
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bottle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Description: The Bottle, a fine dining establishment located in downtown Huntsville, features southern cuisine with a French influence.
Huntsville, Alabama
“No pleasure taken”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We were excited to stop in this restaurant since it was in the same location as the now closed James Steakhouse and remembering how wonderful the steaks were prepared there.

It pains me to write this, in hopes some management will ever read this review and possibly care or it saves another diner from disappointment.
To even write the words Filet Mignon the menu and try to pass that waste of a cut of meat is deplorable. Whomever was cooking April 10 around 6:30 prepared what is without a doubt the most tasteless, totally lacking of flavor lump of meat I've ever been served - anywhere.
The sauce / gravy served with the meal, just bazaar.
Mashed potatoes, hard to mess them up, the steamed broccoli had us guessing exactly they were.
The lump of meat was awkwardly setting in the splatter of mashed potatoes with that sauce between them, should have been a clue someone didn't care.

If you're looking for somewhere to smoke in a nice bar area while having a drink, this place looks pretty good for that.

• Visited April 2014

Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Very nice experience in Huntsville”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had a group of eight for dinner and some of our party arrived at different times (one due to a late arriving flight), but the staff was pleasant and helpful in making the time pass while we waited. As we had a large party and had to wait, the chef (Andy F. Howery) made a special appetizer for us which consisted of sliced pears, bits of bacon, walnuts, blue cheese, and balsamic vinegar. This was delicious and everyone enjoyed the treat.

While we waited, some of us enjoyed a bottle of Ballentine Vineyards' Petite Sirah. This was the first time I've had a petite sirah and enjoyed it very much. The wine selection was plentiful and varied so there is sure to be something that suits anyone's taste. Eventually, everyone made it to the restaurant and we were ready to order.

I started with the Lobster Bisque and my entree was the Blackened Gulf Red Snapper. I asked that wild rice be substituted for the polenta and there was no problem making the switch. The bisque was good, but the red snapper was great; an excellent meal.

For dessert, I ordered the Key Lime Semifreddo with mango sauce spheres, coconut sorbet, pecan graham cracker crunch, and meringue "mushrooms."

What I didn't like about the dessert: meringue "mushrooms" which were too sweet and I didn't think they really added to the dessert.

What I liked: coconut sorbet (not too sweet) and key lime semifreddo (which had the right amount of tartness to be thoroughly enjoyable).

What I LOVED: mango sauce spheres. I don't know how they made the spheres, but as soon as you put it into your mouth, it melted and you got this swoosh of mango flavor. There were several spheres on the plate and others tried it and loved it as well.

This was a great meal and experience. The price was a little higher than I would normally do for dinner (most entrees were priced in the mid-30's; the meal could be a little pricey after you add to it starters, dessert, and drinks) but I think it is worth it if you are just visiting town for a short while.

One thing I didn't like about the restaurant was that next door was a cigar bar and you could smell the aroma from there by the end of the evening.

• Visited February 2014