“Absolutely fantastic”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in here a little over a week ago and ordered the baked tilapia. It was absolutely the best fish I've ever ate. I have since had to go back and have it again. The flavor of the baked tilapia is absolutely wonderful.
There's only one waitress because the place is small, yet service has not been an issue. Its a little out of the way from most other dining establishments in Huntsville, but well worth the 1-2 mile drive. I can't really comment on any of the other menu items, because I've only had the baked tilapia so far. However my sides were also very good. Someday I'm gonna have to try other things on the menu, but for now it's hard to pass up the baked tilapia.

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

While visiting Huntsville, Alabama we dined here. Best decision ever!!! The reviews we read online prior to our trip were spot on. The service was great and the food was even better. The fried green tomatoes and the gumbo are at the top of the list. A must try. If ever in the area again, we will definitely revisit D'licous Dining, for it was just that!!! :-)

1 Thank CDP_travels
Rae A, Manager at D'Licous Dining & Smokehouse Grill, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
A special thanks to you and your party for dining with us! We look forward to serving you on your next trip!
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
“WONDERFUL RESTAURANT OVERALL”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

From the moment you drive up, this restaurant is clearly one of a kind! The inside is decorated in a 50's style restaurant with unique decorations, mainly music theme. The staff was extremely friendly and hard working. Food was really good. I had a pork sandwich with fries. The pork was wet with a great flavor with just the right about of "heat". Overall, great restaurant with great food. I'll definitely return!!

• Visited February 2014
Rae A, Owner at D'Licous Dining & Smokehouse Grill, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
We really appreciated your visit and hope to see you again soon!! We also want to thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant on Trip Advisor!!
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is where you should eat!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We drove 1hr 30mins to eat here, and it was worth the food and the atmosphere. This is the place to go for burgers, sides, chicken, etc., but the Jamaican food with jerk seasoning is what you will come back for. We had onion rings as an appetizer, and for our main courses we had jerk ribs, pork plate, and chicken fingers. The jerk ribs had just the right amount of spice with a flavor that was finger lickin' good. The pulled pork was smokehouse good, I mean it was legitimate wood smoke BBQ. The chicken fingers had a homemade batter that blew me away to be honest, I have never in my life tasted chicken fingers worth coming back for, these are it. The onion rings have a great, crispy, flavorful, homemade batter as well that sit really well as an appetizer. I have eaten BBQ up and down Route 66, all through Texas, Alabama, and Tennessee, this place knows how to do it, and the Jamaican taste is what sets this place apart and makes it a winner all the way around. The 50's style diner setting mixed with a hip, eclectic, music flavor makes for a really nice atmosphere. The waitress was busy, but she took time to be friendly and was very attentive to our needs. We met Rae Allen, the chef/owner, and after meeting him I know why the food and restaurant is so good, he loves what he does. He is very friendly, passionate about cooking, and sincerely wants people to have a good time. If you are looking for somewhere to eat locally or if you are coming from out of town, give this place a try without a doubt. A+++

1 Thank Matt N
Guntersville, Alabama
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We tried this based on the reviews posted here. Our food was very unimpressive. My husband had the jerk chicken which was dry and obviously reheated. He also had the potato salad with baked beans. He said the beans were good but he didn't like the potato salad stating it was very sweet. I had the special whiting fish with a baked potato and rice with red beans. The rice was very dry and the beans in it so dry they were hard and cracked open. It's hard to ruin a baked potato but it was just very plain. My fish was really fishy tasting, and battered and fried with the skin on it. Some May like it that way but I didn't and I feel it should be in the description. My children had the burger and fries and chicken tenders with Mac and cheese. The burger was Okay but again just plain and my son that lives on Mac and cheese wouldn't eat it. I really don't think this place ranks 8th in Huntsville...makes me question trying any other new places based on this list.

• Visited February 2014

We have taken the time to email you directly with the hopes that we can host you one more time in the restaurant for a new review!

We take great pride in delivering quality food and service!