“Not your average pizza place!”

Mellow Mushroom - Jones Valley
Ranked #143 of 609 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Mellow Mushroom is proud to serve Huntsville with delicious pizza, hoagies, calzones and salads. Providing quality food since 1974, we use fresh ingredients on all our menu items. Mellow Mushroom is more than just a pizza restaurant; it is where Huntsville pizza lovers and beer lovers gather. Our menu and locations are as eclectic as our fans. Join the e-club, shop our Mellow shirts and see the unique artwork in each of our locations. The search for the best pizza in Huntsville is over.
Brush Creek, Tennessee
“Not your average pizza place!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

If you've never been to any Mellow Mushroom, you must go at some point. They have some really awesome pizza and calzones, and they are something that you can't get anywhere else. They mix flavors that no one else has thought of and it works! They also have a huge beer and drink list. We had some barrel brewed Root beer and it was awesome! Give them a try, you won't come away hungry!

Visited May 2014

H'ville, AL
“Pizza and Beer!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The beer selection here is pretty good. They have lots of selections from local and regional breweries on tap, and they will give you a "taste" of any them...I usually start my visits by asking for a taste of 5 or 6 beers I have not had before, then choosing something to have with my meal. The selection changes often so you can try new stuff every time you come.

They also have many very good bottled brews...excellent selections of world class beers.

The pizza is good, we usually have the house special, our teenage son likes the calzone. The service is always great! It can get busy on Friday and Saturday evening...really busy. So we usually go earlier than later.

It's a little pricey, but it's really the only family place around with food and great beer!

• Visited May 2014
Juneau, AK
“New favorite restaurant.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My new favorite restaurant in Huntsville. Great beer selection and I enjoyed the option to make my own pizza. Second time I've been there and I will be back. It might be pricey to some. I think it is well worth it. Won't go to any other pizza place.

• Visited April 2014
Brownsboro, Alabama
“Largest selection of beer and wine in Huntsville.”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This location is much bigger inside than it looks from the road. It has a small airstream cut out trailer in it and a kayak hanging from the rafters. The bar area has a blackboard with over a hundred beer and wine selections, most available by the glass. If they don't have it here, you will most likely not find it in Huntsville. In addition to the inside tables, they have more than a dozen outside on a rap-around patio. Large screen TV's 40 to 50 inch are both inside and out on the patio. There were three games playing the early evening we were there. We had a large pizza and an order of soft pretzels. Both were very good. I had a small Caesar salad. The pizza fed 3 adults and 2 small kids. The service was good given it was Sat. evening and a large crowd. Given that I prefer NY style pizza, this was a very good second to it. If you want beer and pizza, this is the place to be.

• Visited April 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Always good”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I've read that it is loud. That's what you get when lots of people love it. Servers are really nice , pizzas are very good, and beer list is extensive What more could you want?