“Got charged for dinner but ate lunch”
Review of New china buffet

New china buffet
Ranked #270 of 621 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Got there Saturday around 3:15 for a quick lunch, noticed they were putting signs on buffet on certain items dinner only so I stay away from them , I got the check and it was for too dinner my wife and I didn't have .I told the Manger she said dinner starts at 3:30 , I've been there many many times they know me.but still charged for dinner.only a 7 $ more I payed it but for that they lose a very good customer.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Chinese buffets are always my daughters 1st choice when casting her vote for dining out and last night was our 1st visit to New China Buffet on Jordan Lane in Huntsville. We arrived after 8 pm to find it rather busy with a hostess quick to seat us as we entered. The staff was all polite and efficient, good service. The selection was large enough to please most buffet buffs. They had a larger than average grill selection for those who like to have the grill cook prepare their food on the spot, there was also a number of sushi and sashimi options. Desserts were bountiful as well. I'll call the food quality average as some items were noteworthy while others were not. I must say that they served the best hot & sour soup that I've ever had, fantastic! The chilled shrimp were bland. I disliked all of their various chicken dishes with the exception of their fried chicken wings. If I were to rate this place on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 6. Its better than average but not great. I was kind of put off by nobody cleaning the floors where food was accumulating in various spots and the storage of bathroom supplies out in the open. If you are in the area and hankering for a Chinese buffet, you could go here. Personally, I'd drive a little further for something better.

1  Thank kkibby43
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Recently had an opportunity to eat here. I had heard from a couple of friends that this restaurant was really good. And i have to say they were right on it. The food is very very good, and they have an enormous selection. You won' t go wrong selecting this restaurant. The prices are very reasonable too. Anyone that likes the crab legs will be happy. They have them there for dinner for 9.99.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Conveniently located off of I-565 and Jordan Lane. Close your eyes and walk into any Chinese Buffet anywhere in the US, open your eyes and viola! That’s what you have at the New China Super Buffet. Albeit I must give them props for service and cleanliness. The food was ok but not out of this world. I found it rather odd though that they serve Fried Plantains on the buffet line along with Mac and Cheese…? Huh? Other props go to them for having a Hibachi Grill and Fresh Sushi station. Although I do not eat Sushi, that’s why God made fire, the pieces did look nice. As far as the Hibachi bar I did not have any cash to tip the cook so I opted to pass. However the selection of ingredients looked fresh and tasty. The food from the standard line was OK I guess but, I have had better in Huntsville/Madison. My server was great, I did not get his name, but he was on it, water, tea, clean plates, etc… Parking is a treat as it appears that it was planned for mini/micro cars. Overall the price was good if all you’re looking for is bulk. I plan on returning once more to sample the Hibachi Grill and will update my review then. As of this writing it’s OK but I would not make a special trip to visit…

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The parking lot is some kind of Chinese puzzle but there is parking available across the street. There is Chinese, American, and Mongolian grill food available along with sushi. Food was hot, trays were refilled as needed. Food was tasty We ate on a Sunday afternoon and the bill for three adults was $37 plus tip.

Been to New china buffet? Share your experiences!