“Rocket City Fair”

245 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 407 helpful votes
“Rocket City Fair”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We visited the outside of Joe Davis Stadium on Sunday before Memorial Day to attend the Rocket City Fair. Parking was $2, entrance was $7 and ride-all-day-bracelets were $20. All the usual fair food was available but we opted to go out rather than spend more at the fair. Our last expense was an air brush tattoo for my youngest, $5. There are plenty of rides that the bracelet will get you on, much better than most fairs or carnivals. We didn't stay long enough but the fair had a variety of shows and acts as well. There are quite a few pay to play for prizes games so you can win that enormous awkward teddy bear to haul around for your girl all day. There is also a pretty robust petting zoo to ensure you catch all those smells you have to associate with the fair. I'll say it's one of the better fairs I've been to and much better than a drive to 6 flags, much shorter lines too. We didn't have to wait in any lines during our visit. We warned that it's porta potty supported, not bathroom. I guess this review is useless to someone who wants to actually go inside Joe Davis Stadium but once a year it's rocking while the fair is in town. Definitely come check it out.

Visited May 2014

Valley Head, Alabama
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Good ballgame”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The park is a older ball park and not as modern as others we have visited but has a nostalgic feel. Treated well by everyone we meet and had a good time. Food prices were average and food was good. We will go back when in Huntsville.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Porkchopranch
Albertville, Alabama
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“cheap entertainment”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The stadium itself is old, dirty, outdated and just plain ugly. But that could be said for lots of minor league stadiums. Attendance can be poor sometimes so they usually have a pretty decent giveaway to attract fans. The main attraction here is that its an affordable night out. Getting in is cheap and the food/drinks are reasonable for a ballpark. The staff is pretty good, helpful and friendly. A decent selection of drinks, they even have a few local brews, the food is standard ballpark fare; popcorn, peanuts, hot dogs, ect.... Overall its really not a bad way to spend a night and take in a ballgame, especially if you have kids it can be much more affordable than other trips out. This isn't one of the great parks around but I wouldn't write it off either.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank powers55
Decatur, Alabama
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Play ball!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The stadium is OK for a town the size of Huntsville. I've seen quite a few baseball games there, and the stadium has not been full at any of the games. The only thing I don't like is the traffic getting out of the stadium after the game.

1 Thank sueonthego1
Nashville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Needs alittle TLC”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I enjoyed the game, but the structure needs alittle TLC. I had to wipe cobwebs off my seat (noticed alot like that) The PA announcer needs alittle pep in his voice. They need a new "Video" scoreboard with "Pitch-speed". I felt like I was at a little-league ball-park

Visited May 2013