“Great Beer”
Review of Below the Radar

Below the Radar
Reserve with OpenTable
Below the Radar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 609 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
“Great Beer”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A friend told me about the place so we went to see if it was good. Absolutely one of the best micro-breweries I have been to. Beer was awesome and food was good. Had great service and although restaurant was crowded we still felt well taken care of. Nice downtown place to go, would highly recommend everyone trying it.

Visited February 2014

Huntsville, Alabama
“New Go To PLace”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was my first time at Under the Radar and I was very pleased. Great assortment of draft ‘craft’ brews, very good food, nice atmosphere, and very capable service. Our waitress, Kerry (sp?), was excellent! She was very pleasant and capable, and definitely knew the menu and what brews went with it.

I will be back! I may have just found a new ‘go to’ place.

• Visited February 2014
Fayetteville, TN
“Met expectations”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had heard about this restaurant from a friend who likes a wide selection of beers. We dropped in for a weekend lunch with the goal of something light to eat and a couple of specialty beers. We were not disappointed. The beer selection was all it was made out to be. My wife had a salad that was fine...nothing exceptional...fresh and tasty. I had a burger that was, again, nothing exceptional. Hand patted and cooked as ordered. Had we gone with expectations of better dining, this would have been an average experience at best. Service was...yep, you guessed it...okay. I would highly recommend it for a social visit ( a bit on the noisy side but I think they intend that) and spending an hour or two sipping beers and having some pretty decent bar food. We'll try a "dining" visit one day and provide and update.

• Visited December 2013
“great draft beer selection”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

they have a great draft beer selection of local beers and their bar food is good
the place is really busy and the service is good.
I like their chicken wings and local beers

• Visited February 2014
Kettering, Ohio
“Worth the effort”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Met long term friend for dinner per his recommendation. Ironically, I'm not a beer drinker but will go back for food and atmosphere. Ate a burger that was simply outstanding---great flavor and cooked perfectly as requested. The homemade chips were a great side. Place was packed which usually a good indication of quality. My buddies were slightly disappointed they were out of the first beer choices but found suitable alternatives from the large selection. Definitely make the effort to go to downtown Huntsville for this one!

• Visited January 2014