“Quaint Bakery with Old Fashioned Charm”
Review of Peggy Ann Bakery

Peggy Ann Bakery
Ranked #13 of 19 Dessert in Huntsville
Madison, Alabama
“Quaint Bakery with Old Fashioned Charm”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Walking into this bakery you are enveloped in the smell of sugar and dough. The old wooden cases holding rows of pastries for breakfast and dessert are just the right height for the children that were in line in front of me. They were wide eyed (and mouthed) to get that purple iced cookie with sprinkles beyond the glass.

The staff was polite and laughed at my subtle jokes :) as they filled my white cardboard box with delicious treats for my husband and I. I came in on a Friday so I bought some treats for that night including a butter cream iced smiley face cookie, iced butterfly cookie, chocolate dipped macaroon, a vanilla cream horn, two petit fours, and three snicker doodle cookies which are my husbands favorite. I also purchased a blueberry muffin and two cinnamon cups (small cinnamon rolls) as leftovers for Saturday morning.

The items we ate that night were delicious. My husband ate the butter cream smiley face cookie and it put him into a happy sugar coma. I had the chocolate covered macaroon, one of the petit fours, and the iced butterfly cookie.

Overall I would say this was a good stop on my way home, good service and excellent pastries.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank ablukasiak

HSV, AL
“Petit Fours”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

these little things are yummy. my mom and aunt love them. you can get them small or big. that's all i wanted to comment on.:)

Visited December 2012