“Good First Visit”

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to try an evening meal at this relatively new asian restaurant in the Kroger plaza at Jeff Road and US 72 (University Drive). Since it is new, it is clean and well-maintained. We went on a Tuesday night and there was no problem getting seated.

The menu is mostly made up of Chinese, Thai, and sushi. We started with the lettuce wraps which were good. My wife then shared some of her sushi roll (California roll) with me which was also tasted fresh and good. We shared an entree (sesame chicken) which was big enough for both of us. While the sesame chicken was good, there wasn't enough rice for our taste preferences (too small of a bowl).

As mentioned in previous reviews, the food and alcohol are somewhat pricey but I noticed that there are lunch specials for lower prices ($7 to $8) that also include the "usual" extras (ie. - soup, egg roll, etc.) at an asian restaurant. While the drinks were somewhat expensive ($8+ for a glass of wine), we did not have any drinks during this visit.

Overall, we were pleased and will probably go back to try out their lunch specials. If everything still looks good after that, we will probably have a "new" Chinese restaurant to eat at close to our neighborhood.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We dropped in after a day of antique shopping and while after the normal lunch hour, we were treated to friendly and fast service and an excellent meal - way too much food but each bite was delicious. Definitely a place to return to and sample the entire menu. Very impressed with this newcomer to the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We are big Asian food lovers and have eaten all over the world. Our expectations were high but boy was this a disappointment. When entering the place is very clean but the odor of squid was overwhelming. We stayed anyways... We ordered steamed dumplings. They came out in a set of 5-6 dumplings the size of a half-dollar fpr $5. Dipping sauce was watered down. Next we order the Pad Thai. I had the Chicken Pad Thai. Which was rubbery and had a tomato soup flavor. My daughter ordered the Shrmip Pad Thai. Same texture and flavor. We do want to mention the Udon noodles were great though. I guess we were not used to a tomato soup base. So it surprised us. I guess Pad Thai is not Pad Thai everywhere. Needless to say - we wont be back.

1  Thank MimiLaBush
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was our first visit since they opened up and I got to tell you we were very, very impressed. First the physical layout; very modern oriental setting, nice chairs, tables; water fixture (although a bit cheesy); and two separate tea rooms. The bathrooms where super clean and have these awesome oriental basins as sinks. The food: HUGE portions, very tasty, and very receptive to modifications of menu items. The posted picture is not of my plate upon arrival to the table but after me eating as much as I could!!! My entree without a doubt could have served three people, and mind you I am not a lite eater. Although I have always liked PF Changs, the Four Leaves puts them to shame in terms of quality, taste, portion servings and price. The service although good, could have used a bit more interaction e.g. follow up after serving… Oh and BTW their Korean Kimche soup is to die for.

1  Thank AlRauf
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My fiance and I went to this place today, to have a few drinks at the bar and were very disappointed.
The drinks were very weak but very expensive. Also, the bartender seemed to be on something....he was very hyper and when pouring the drinks, he seemed very shaky, and was also acting a little weird. He also did not pay too much attention to his customers sitting at the bar and to make matters worse, when we went to pay the bill....he asked, "do you want change"? The bill was $32.52, we gave him $40.00 and he didn't even give us back any coins. Did he really expect $7.00+ tip for the few drinks that we had. It was just rude of him to even say that. I don't think we will be going back there again!