“This Resturant now CLOSED!”
Review of Watercress - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I read in yesterdays news paper that this resturant is now CLOSED!

The staff had "attitude" both times I went there, so I never went back.
I guess a lot of others felt the same.

Too bad, it was a nice place in a good location.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Service was horrible to say the least. At first walking in the restaurant staff ignored me "1st warning". However, I stayed and found the experience to get even worse. The food was horrible and it took forever to be service even though there were only 3-4 tables filled in the restaurant. Our water was very inattentive and i will never visit again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I were sitting near a couple with the cutest twin girls. Most likely 5-6 months old. After the couple finished their meal and left the restaurant; the staff proceeded to pick up the high chairs and return them to a corner in the restaurant. I watch as they stacked them and NEVER did I see a cleaning cloth touch the high chair trays, seats, backs or legs. This is a NO-NO. What about the next babies coming into the restaurant??? And DO NOT tell me that you clean before the next baby arrives.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been enjoying Watercress since it was located in downtown Huntsville. The service is extremely friendly, the food is great (although they sometimes have "Hiccups") the bar is wonderful for a quick cocktail/glass of wine and the decor is upscale modern. Maybe the price point is what has lowered Watercress in the rankings? I stick with an appetizer, on most occasions, or get side items at brunch and it's not too expensive at all! Sign up for their e-mails, as they often have special offers (i.e. 10% off Sunday bruch with church program, "wine down Wednesday" etc.) I miss their fried black eye peas that used to be on their "bar menu" - they were so delicious and unique, but, for some reason they are not on the bar menu anymore. Give Watercress a try! If it's all booked, pull up a bar stool! You will experience true Southern charm from a locally owned professionally-run business.

2  Thank jewel10430620
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Who offers big cabs like Elizabeth Spencer by the glass?! Mer Soleil Silver and Frank Family Chardonnay perfect choices! For a wine list of this size to have 14 Wine Spectator top 100 wines on it-- Wow! And the food is consistently great-- just studied the wine list while setting up
A business party (great event planner and nice tucked away private room too) Thanks for the hospitality Watercress!! great to have you in Huntsville!!

1  Thank Brook999