“High Chairs”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I were sitting near a couple with the cutest twin girls. Most likely 5-6 months old. After the couple finished their meal and left the restaurant; the staff proceeded to pick up the high chairs and return them to a corner in the restaurant. I watch as they stacked them and NEVER did I see a cleaning cloth touch the high chair trays, seats, backs or legs. This is a NO-NO. What about the next babies coming into the restaurant??? And DO NOT tell me that you clean before the next baby arrives.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been enjoying Watercress since it was located in downtown Huntsville. The service is extremely friendly, the food is great (although they sometimes have "Hiccups") the bar is wonderful for a quick cocktail/glass of wine and the decor is upscale modern. Maybe the price point is what has lowered Watercress in the rankings? I stick with an appetizer, on most occasions, or get side items at brunch and it's not too expensive at all! Sign up for their e-mails, as they often have special offers (i.e. 10% off Sunday bruch with church program, "wine down Wednesday" etc.) I miss their fried black eye peas that used to be on their "bar menu" - they were so delicious and unique, but, for some reason they are not on the bar menu anymore. Give Watercress a try! If it's all booked, pull up a bar stool! You will experience true Southern charm from a locally owned professionally-run business.

2  Thank jewel10430620
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Who offers big cabs like Elizabeth Spencer by the glass?! Mer Soleil Silver and Frank Family Chardonnay perfect choices! For a wine list of this size to have 14 Wine Spectator top 100 wines on it-- Wow! And the food is consistently great-- just studied the wine list while setting up
A business party (great event planner and nice tucked away private room too) Thanks for the hospitality Watercress!! great to have you in Huntsville!!

1  Thank Brook999
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Atmosphere and location is a plus. The salads were quite good. The main course of steak filet was borderline adequate and disappointing. The fish entree of grouper was tasty for an inland restaurant but not competitive with average Gulf Coast dives for much less money. Desserts were the high point with good brûlée and tasty pineapple upside down cake. The cost did exceed the value by a modest margin for an average (though acceptable) restaurant. Best advice: Stick with salads and deserts.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Huntsville, AL

3/12/2013
I made the journey to Bridge Street to check out Watercress. I decided to get away from downtown after hearing from one my farmer's market friends that they are really involved in local sourcing. I was pleased when I saw "our local farmers and suppliers" listed on the menu. We ate in the booths in the bar and the server, Laura, greeted us warmly and offered us a cocktail from the list that she happened to write. She was experimenting with some infusions and added local produce in ingredients and garnish-- she called it "farm to glass" The wine list was small but impressive-- I counted 15 WS top 100 wines spread out thoughtfully on the list-- definitely a place to come back for an impressive coursed dinner. But what sold me was the fresh Snapper-- Chef Andy came by and I complemented him on how fresh his fish was-- he laughed because his fish purveyor was in the building. I got to meet him too-- he was a fisherman from Panama City and came up twice a week just for Watercress-- the fish had been out of the water for two days!!! I am hesitant to write this because if everybody sees what I saw I won't be able to get a table! But we need to support this restaurant. They are doing it the right way!!

2  Thank Will O