“Excellent Museum!”

U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum
Ranked #4 of 69 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Huntsville Alabama, The U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum is one of the premier military museums in the world. The exhibits of memorabilia, artifacts, and military equipment range from the American Revolutionary War to present day. Included in the collection are many rare and important artifacts including the oldest surviving jeep: the Ford Pygmy.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent Museum!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This museum is a true gem! I did a little research before traveling to Huntsville with my boyfriend. He had to work during the day so I had to find some things to do. This place was a great find and i am so glad I decided to stop by. It is a little bit off of the freeway and looks like nothing when you pull up, but once you are inside it is Wall to wall history. This museum has pieces starting at the revolutionary war all the way to the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. They also have a great military vehicle section which includes the first jeep ever made. They have tanks, jeeps, helicopters, weapons, a World War I train car that moved soldiers and horses to the front lines, uniforms, helmets, and so much more. This is a history buffs dream museum! This museum is run by veterans. I happened to be the only one in the museum at the time so a couple of the gentlemen walked around with me a bit telling me about certain things and their own experiences in Vietnam. This museum is definitely worth a visit I wish i had more time to read every letter or study every map they had. They also had a few sections that were personal additions to the museum from people or peoples families. It was $5 for an adult but they do have child and senior prices.

Visited January 2013