“Will be visiting for my 4th time "not soon enough" :-)”
Review of Cafe Alana Shay - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I love Cafe Alana Shay! Briefly, the crab cake appetizer (tried it at lunch) and the fried green tomato appetizer (again, at lunch), were excellent. Service is good. Menu not overpriced. Decor of newly remodeled hotel is funky swank. I tried the sweet tea chicken at my 2nd lunch visit and it was exceptional! A huge chicken breast, with crispy skin/crust and a light, slightly sweet, yet savory flavor. The greens and acommanying potatoes were excellent, too. The pool area is fun to hang out in and the lobby is bright and cheery. The bar, although small, is cozy with friendly staff who aim to please and friendly patrons, some local, some travelling. Bottom line: good food at a good value and thank goodness, delicious eating withing reasonable distance of Redstone Arsenal!!!!!! Hope you try Cafe Alana Shay, you won't be sorry!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Loved the decor and dinner was amazing! Friendly staff made the night complete. I must try - we will be back!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have eaten here many times for lunch and one time for dinner. The hotel has made a lot of nice rennovations and it is a really cool looking hotel.

Jimmy Boyce, one of Huntsville's top Chefs, has created a nice place to eat in South Hsv. The fish and sandwiches and salads are very good and the service is excellent as well.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was given 2 breakfast vouchers but they were for the buffet only. I wanted to order off the menu, so the vouchers did not cover the meal. The food was ok but over priced!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I went to dinner with friends- a rarity these days. I shared the crab-cake appetizer with my husband. They were delicious and velvety maybe the best I have had. For dinner I had the Beef Short-ribs- incredible! We were so full we didn't have dessert. My friend had Salmon- she said it was delicious, My husband had sworfish. Mine was the best.