“Great food, but service lacked a little”

Mango's Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

For our one dinner in Huntsville while on our way to Florida, we used Trip Advisor and Mango's captured our attention. We tried three entrees ( jerk chicken, mango chicken, and stew chicken). It was somewhat frustrating that they were out of two of the drinks and brown rice. However, the food was amazing! We would certainly return as the food was unique and delicious.
There was one server for the restaurant that evening, so the service was a little slow at points.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Recently visited Huntsville and Mango's was recommended to me by hotel staff as a top restaurant in town. On my last night in town, I walked over for dinner and found a quiet, friendly, homey atmosphere. While I haven't eaten a lot of Caribbean food in my lifetime, I've had enough to know what's good and authentic. This is good and authentic. While I did not have the oxtail or the goat curry, they sure were selling quite a bit of it...to go and order in. I ordered the petite veg. sampler plate...to include the mango 'chicken' and escovitch fish, sweet plantains, stir fried cabbage and broccoli, and choice of rice and peas. All were excellent. Lots of flavor and just downright comfort food. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I visited and had the lunch buffet. It was very good and had an extensive selection of food items. I enjoyed green beans, jerk chicken, escovitche chicken, rice and peas, broccoli and cabbage, and yams (and this is not a total list of what was available on the buffet). I'm usually not in love with other people's rice and peas, but this restaurant's were made in the way I like with a hint of coconut milk, and Gungo peas instead of red kidney beans. Let's just say I wanted more of their food before I left the restaurant! It was that tasty. The only thing I didn't care for with the buffet is you had to wait for the waitress to get you your initial plate, and to get you any subsequent plates. When you're in a rush at lunchtime, it can be a little bit of a delay if the waitress is busy with other tables. Perhaps they should hand each person two plates once they say they're going to get the buffet. I'm not exactly sure, but just pointing out the one thing that did feel like an inconvenience. I plan to return again for a dinner from the menu.

1  Thank atlhotelcritic
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This place is a find Thank You Trip Advisor. The server (Betty i think) was super friendly and helpful. The food was fresh, hot, and really really good. We like trying new things and Caribbean was all new to us. We enjoyed the Mango Chicken, but cannot wait to go back and try some of the other items. I believe the restaurant is owned by Adventists so it is closed on Saturday, but I don't mind because there so few good places to eat open on Sunday that this is our new favorite. We can't wait to take our vegetarian friends to Mango's since they have so many vegan and vegetarian menu items.

1  Thank se_solomon
Reviewed February 18, 2014

All I can say is that this food is amazingly good. I am vegetarian & they offer maybe 7 entrees. Mango's is a family style diner, the decor is bright carribean style. they offer a buffet during lunch hour. however whether you are vegan, vegetarian or carnivor you will be happy eating here.

1  Thank blessed177