“Light Supper”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #124 of 626 Restaurants in Huntsville
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Enjoyed an evening meal with my wife. We both had a sandwich soup combo and enjoyed it very much. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I like their healthy choice of food, prompt service and always fresh coffee, you really cant go wrong here.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A cold day and wanting a great warm soup and sandwich we happened to be in the area and stopped in for lunch. I tried the garden vegetable soup with a grilled cheese sandwich. Oh my how good it tasted and on such a cold day it warmed me all over! Good location off 72 HWY in Madison near Huntsville's Madison Square Mall. Service was fast and efficent! Great food selection and price too!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Panera has a variety of savory and sweet bagels, soup/sandwich combos, salads, cookies, brownies, and bread bowls. The kids' menu has a healthier selection than most places. The cinnamon crunch bagel, chicken noodle soup, and grilled cheese are particularly good. It can get a bit hectic at the confusing order and pick-up counters, but the food is good for a chilly day!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife suggested that we try this new Panera Bread at Bridge Street. It is on the north side of the new Bed, Bath and Beyond. Panera Bread calls itself a Bakery-Cafe. It's like a bakery-deli. The service was fast, and the people were friendly enough. And, I didn't have to walk to the center of Bridge Street just to eat! We walked in, and I was transfixed by all the cookies and muffins in the case in front of me. But we were ordering lunch, so I looked at the menu board over the counter. My wife saw my eyes go "tilt" as I looked at a menu of about nine dozen things to choose from. So, she ordered a Roasted Turkey Avocado BLT for us to split. It came with potato chips. She also ordered a cup of Cream Tomato Soup, and I ordered a cup of Corn Chowder. The soups also came with bread. Here you order at one end of the counter, and pick up your food at the far end of the counter. Everything here was very good, but I'm giving it a three overall, because I just didn't like the experience enough. I'll attribute this mostly to my unfamiliarity with the place, and not knowing quite what to expect and what foods I'll like here. I'll probably enjoy future visits more. I thought my chowder tasted a bit flat, and my wife commented that the breads were tough and chewy. Maybe I was grumpy today, but I perceived the dining room as dim with a drab brown decor. It reminded me of your average bar in an airport gate area. The music was jazz played on an acoustic guitar, which I experienced as mildly irritating. This lunch for the two of us cost $17.57.