“Great Brewery”

Straight to Ale Taproom
Ranked #16 of 74 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Owner description: Straight To Ale is a 10,000 square foot craft brewery with a taproom that serves samples and pints of Straight To Ale beer brewed on site. Taproom is open Mon 5-8, Wed/Thu 3-8, Fri/Sat 3-10, Sun 12-8. Free brewery tours every Saturday at 2 PM.
Reviewed April 11, 2014

A pleasant surprise to find this establishment in Huntsville. I was missing good craft beer from San Diego. We took the brewery tour. Good explanation of the brewing process and the beers they brew. The tasting room has a welcoming atmosphere and the beer is tasty. Loved the Lily Flagg Milk Stout and Brother Joseph's Belgian Dubbel.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been to the Straight to Ale Taproom a few times now.

It's a "bare bones" kind of place...they don't serve food, but there is usually a food truck or some kind of food vendor parked outside. The beer is awesome...I've had a couple of their flights or samplers and enjoyed many of their brews. I particularly enjoy the Wheat Beer, but I am a beer wimp and don't care for IPAs.

The large "back room" is excellent for music...I've seen a solo act, a band and went to a "CD Release" event there...each time I really enjoyed myself.

The bar tenders are very knowledgeable about their beers and will give you recommendations and samples to help the novice, like me, decide what to drink.

It's a little hard to find the first time, but well worth searching for.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Monkeynaut IPA is everything you could want in an IPA, wish I could have figured out how to bring a keg of it back home to NJ!

As far as i know this is the only brewery with a taproom in the Huntsville area, but it does not disappoint. It is a place for real beer lovers, no food and definitely a warehouse/brewery atmosphere. With the excellent beer they are serving here who really cares about eating!

The evening we were here we also tried a wonderful Hefeweizen that reminded me of Hoegaarden. My uncle loved the rich, sweet, and slightly boozy 11.7% ABV Imperial Stout. That was a serious beer!

The clever Rocket City themed names given to their brews are to die for.

It made my night to meet the friendly owner who was kind enough to give us a brief tour of the brewery! This brewery is going places, go check them out before they become discovered and too corporate.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

You'll love their signature Monkeynaut IPA, and the rest of their selections are just as good. Be sure to try the barrel aged beers. Tours are available on Saturdays. $5 pints, $1 samples, or get a sampler. No food, but the food truck makes frequent stops, or you can bring your own.

2  Thank WannaBeBrewer
Reviewed September 25, 2012

STA taproom is a great spot to grab local craft beers in Huntsville. The owners have a true passion for beer and have great standard and seasonal offerings.