“Great place for Beer and Tunes”

Straight to Ale Taproom
Ranked #17 of 68 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Owner description: Straight To Ale is a 10,000 square foot craft brewery with a taproom that serves samples and pints of Straight To Ale beer brewed on site. Taproom is open Mon 5-8, Wed/Thu 3-8, Fri/Sat 3-10, Sun 12-8. Free brewery tours every Saturday at 2 PM.
H'ville, AL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great place for Beer and Tunes”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been to the Straight to Ale Taproom a few times now.

It's a "bare bones" kind of place...they don't serve food, but there is usually a food truck or some kind of food vendor parked outside. The beer is awesome...I've had a couple of their flights or samplers and enjoyed many of their brews. I particularly enjoy the Wheat Beer, but I am a beer wimp and don't care for IPAs.

The large "back room" is excellent for music...I've seen a solo act, a band and went to a "CD Release" event there...each time I really enjoyed myself.

The bar tenders are very knowledgeable about their beers and will give you recommendations and samples to help the novice, like me, decide what to drink.

It's a little hard to find the first time, but well worth searching for.

Visited August 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wish I could have figured out how to bring a keg of this back to New Jersey!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Monkeynaut IPA is everything you could want in an IPA, wish I could have figured out how to bring a keg of it back home to NJ!

As far as i know this is the only brewery with a taproom in the Huntsville area, but it does not disappoint. It is a place for real beer lovers, no food and definitely a warehouse/brewery atmosphere. With the excellent beer they are serving here who really cares about eating!

The evening we were here we also tried a wonderful Hefeweizen that reminded me of Hoegaarden. My uncle loved the rich, sweet, and slightly boozy 11.7% ABV Imperial Stout. That was a serious beer!

The clever Rocket City themed names given to their brews are to die for.

It made my night to meet the friendly owner who was kind enough to give us a brief tour of the brewery! This brewery is going places, go check them out before they become discovered and too corporate.

Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great beer, great prices, friendly people.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

You'll love their signature Monkeynaut IPA, and the rest of their selections are just as good. Be sure to try the barrel aged beers. Tours are available on Saturdays. $5 pints, $1 samples, or get a sampler. No food, but the food truck makes frequent stops, or you can bring your own.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank WannaBeBrewer
Madison, Alabama
“Great beer, great times!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

STA taproom is a great spot to grab local craft beers in Huntsville. The owners have a true passion for beer and have great standard and seasonal offerings.

Visited August 2012
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Beers, Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Straight to Ale is first and foremost a brewery, and a tap-room second. I find the STA tap room to be a great way to enjoy a pint of one of their outstanding brews, available in either a pint glass, or in 4 oz sample glasses. The tap room serves all of the traditional STA favorites such as Monkeynaut, Lily Flagg Milk Stout, and other smaller batches made and served exclusively for the tap room. There are usually about 10 of their beers on tap at any given time.

Prices are very reasonable, service is quick, and the beer is second to none. What more can I say?

Visited September 2012