This is a wonderful new hotel - every square inch has that "new car smell" and is pristine clean. The rooms are spacious studios with a partition that goes 8/10 up the wall splitting the sitting area near the entry/desk from the sleeping area. Because that's not a separate room, pretty much when one person wakes up anyone else is going to need to take up also. In addition, the door to the bathroom is right next to the foot of the beds and is made of frosted glass, so if you turn on the lights in the bathroom the person in bed gets blasted with light. I also wasn't crazy about Fox News on every single TV in the lobby- I know this is a "red state" but can we at least have a variety of programs on the four+ television sets there?
here are the pro's and con's:
- great little neighborhood with a sports bar, steakhouse, pizza place, Thai Restaurant
- wonderful friendly staff
- comfortable spacious rooms with walk in closet that can also be used as a dressing room it's so large
- good insulation - I did hear other guests at times but overall the hotel was quiet
- excellent gym with two treadmills, one elliptical and one recumbent bike, and some free weights
- easy parking, huge free lot in front and sides of hotel
- wonderful breakfast, with eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, fruit, milk, juice, coffee around the clock
- nice bed with removable duvet, felt very clean and smelled great
- Need hooks in bathroom to hang towels
- Need glasses in bathroom - all we got were styrofoam coffee cups with coffee maker until we asked
- Aforementioned Fox "News" on every TV. Please.
Overall as you can see the "con's" are pretty minor. An excellent property with excellent staff.
In case you are comparing to other Huntsville Marriott properties:
- no pets at this one so cleaner than the Residence Inn, which is in need of a refurbishing
- Marriott Space center has a restaurant but there are plenty in walking distance from this hotel. That Marriott is a 1970s flashback though rooms have been recently renovated. Rooms in this property are larger though bathrooms in that property are more private (e.g. do not open directly onto foot of bed)
- newest of them all as of this writing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Huntsville West/Research Park provides the amenities needed for a enjoyable and productive business or leisure stay. Our hotel in Huntsville, Alabama offers thoughtful public spaces and guest suites, and it's located near popular destinations including Huntsville Dragway and Oakwood University. We're also close to the Village of Providence and the exciting U.S. Space & Rocket Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.